Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

homemade mac and cheeae?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM
  • 22 Replies
Last time I made it, it was so bland. Anyone got some good homemade mac n cheese recipes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyDeath665
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I've tried using parmasean or other shredded white cheeses with cream, smart butter, fresh ground pepper, and garlic as a sauce. It is really good.

tinaleigh
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:05 PM

we mix whatever cheese we have (shredded cheddar, velveeta, ect.) then add some milk and egg to the pasta then just bake it till everything is melted! Sooooo yummy! :)

Avetay
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM
We use any cheese we have and put milk and butter in the bottom of the pan. Sometimes we will add a little pineapple juice and brown sugar to the pasta after it's drained for a little sweetness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karenjm
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:08 PM

We use velveta, milk and butter with shell pasta (or whatever they're called).  That's it.  Best darn mac and cheese I ever had.

cmack40487
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I use different blends of cheese in mine every time I make it, but I always season it with garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper.  It's gives it such a good taste.

oneluckymom23
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:10 PM
Look up the Neelys recipe on food network. SO good but I did make a change....the recipe calls for JUST cheddar cheese. I use cheddar, velveeta and pepper jack. My family LOVES it. I've brought it to church and it was devoured!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayvensmommy07
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:01 PM
To funny cuz thats my last name.

Quoting oneluckymom23:

Look up the Neelys recipe on food network. SO good but I did make a change....the recipe calls for JUST cheddar cheese. I use cheddar, velveeta and pepper jack. My family LOVES it. I've brought it to church and it was devoured!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommyas1107
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Last night I had Mac and cheese as well. But we just used the sharp chedder and made the sauce. But I bought the block of Velveeta Bufflo style cheese and we used that as well and it gave it a kick. Not spicy where the kids couldnt eat it... It was great...

SarahLynn0315
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Have you ever tried putting ham in it? My mom used to put peas in too, some liked it, some didn't. You could also try with white cheddar.

Mrs.Vallo
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:06 PM

I use Cheddar, Colby and Mozzarella and Milk. Comes out great each time. I also bake mine so the cheese melts better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)