Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you decide??

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM
  • 12 Replies
How did you decide on your birthing plan?? Why did you or did you not get an epidural?

Did you take a birthing class?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmc.momma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:10 PM
I decided on an epidural. After 56 hours I needed it!! DH and I took a Lamaze class and loved it. I labored at home until my contractions were back to back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMac26
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:10 PM
I did it all natural after seeing a needle going into someones back. No thank you.

Yes I took a birthing class, it was awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I took 3 birthing classes when I was pregnant with my 1st. I knew I wanted to be as natural as possible so thats how most of it was made. I didn't have an epidural, I used the shower as pain relief.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:12 PM

No birthing classes.  I didn't want the epidural becasue I don't like to not be in control of my body. 

Lauranthalsa
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I definatly went with the modern conveince of medicine. Mostly because I didn't want the first thing my child to hear out of the womb is her mother screaming in pain. Instead, I was laughing (my DR was hilarious) and crying tears of joy.

TheMommaJessie
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I didn't have the option i had to have a spinal block because I had emergancy c-section due to me being severly preeclamptic. He was 2 months early. next 1 is going to be a morphine drip the dr messed my back up with the spinal block.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:17 PM
No birthing classes. I went with an epidural both times because of the pain from the induction. It was too much. If I could have labored on my own I would have went epidural free.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsbaby86
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:19 PM

AT first I had decided not to get th epidural...I went 16 hours with no pain medication...I finally couldn't take it anymore and go the epdirual...Isaiah was born 3-4 hours later...and it still hurt a little with the epidural...i could not imagine doing it without the epidural. Btw he was 9 lbs and 6 ounces...Hehe!

Fields456
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM

i had a failed epidural the first time so I all feeling during the delivery so this time im dont even want to waste my time  plus the whole idea of the needle in my back freaks me out. 

I chose the things on my birthing plan this time according to what i did or did not like the first time.    I was young and scared and went wiht whatever the nurses said.   not this time.  it ganna happen exactly how i want ( as long a there are no complications). but o far my dr has been really cool with it. im not even wearing the dreaded hospital gown lol

oneluckymom23
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)