Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this fair? Shouldn't they reimburse us?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:01 PM
  • 24 Replies
Last night our AC went out. 10:00 at night and it was 100 degrees out. We couldn't get ahold of maintenance because the number kept ringing and ringing. We had to stay in a hotel because it was so horribly hot.

This morning they fix it and tells me
that their phones were out last night!

My husband said they should reimburse us and at first I laughed at him but then they tell me about the phones. It isn't my fault that I couldn't get a hold of nobody!

I asked a girl at the office and she said to ask the manager whom shouted rudely from her desk NO.

What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tcchick2006
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM

granted it does suck about your a/c but accidents happen.

WrapNLoseInches
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM
is the office to maintenace within reasonable distance that you could have gone there to notify them of the problem? if so, then you didnt do every means possible before renting a hotel so they wont... i went thru that once :( and thats what they said... i consulted an attorney friend and she said they were right...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2twins9909
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Office was closed

Quoting WrapNLoseInches:

is the office to maintenace within reasonable distance that you could have gone there to notify them of the problem? if so, then you didnt do every means possible before renting a hotel so they wont... i went thru that once :( and thats what they said... i consulted an attorney friend and she said they were right...

shellie830
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:11 PM
No they shouldn't now if it was a water pipe or electrical thing yes but not just the AC. Sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstevens10
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I would think so but I agree with PP... 

ms.sophsmom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:13 PM
I gotta say I agree with above.. they aren't at fault for the ac breaking, it just happened.. its not their fault tht phones were down either..... it really does suck though.:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLynn0315
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Would they have been able to fix it that night? There's a pretty slim chance that they'd reimburse if they could, but if no one was working anyways, I don't think they will at all.

mommybug77
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Quoting shellie830:

No they shouldn't now if it was a water pipe or electrical thing yes but not just the AC. Sorry :(

there are plenty of conditions where it could be deadly if they over heat. My dh is a type 1 diabetic, if he gets to hot his sugar drops. I have an asthmatic dd as well as a 5 month old 

aprilsalcro
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:16 PM
No they shouldn't have to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyMcConnell
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:17 PM
No, if it was the heat that broke and you had to get a hotel because it was too cold then yes. It is their responsibility to provide heat, but not cooling. Heat is a necessity, and cooling isn't (although at 100 degrees in the middle of the night, I NEED a freakin air conditioner!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)