Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ah, my life (warning: gross pic included) ((updated))

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am in excruciating pain this morning but, damnit, I managed to get dressed all by myself so I'm fucking proud of myself. Excuse my language. I will NOT, however, attempt to dress by myself again for awhile though. I do have some pictures of me for ya'll. :)

the day after my surgery (yes, I'm aware I look like shit, lol)

yesterday after removing the drain (which also hurt like hell, I didn't have a drain the first surgery)

today, just a few minutes ago actually (the bandage was soaked and needed changing so, of course, my son snapped a few before I put a clean bandage on)

I'm doing fairly well, still in a lot of pain but that's to be expected.

One week ago today, my daughter shut the car door on her thumb. It's looking much better but the nail is turning black, I'm not sure if it's going to fall off or not though.

She's doing well though, she's not having any problems with it or anything.

And the final update I have is in regards to the CPS case and the non-optional voluntary parenting program. The guy for the parenting program came out Wednesday afternoon and he was very nice; he said that, as far as him and his program people know, the case is closed. Since I was told something different, he's going to double check with CPS to see if my case is closed or not but his records are showing that it closed on July 22, 2011 as it was supposed to (given the mandatory 30day thing). If it's closed, he said he'll call back to let me know and that will be the last I hear from them. If it's not, he'll call back to let me know and see what we need to do from there to get it closed. He says that he feels the program he comes from doesn't have anything to offer me because, from what he saw when he was here, I'm already on top of everything and doing what they teach or offer. It's a three to six month program, depending on how often you meet up and all. The first month or two is spent on household safety: are all your outlets covered, are all your cleaning and hazardous products locked away, that kind of thing. The next month or two cover health and nutrition: what kind of foods do your kids eat regularly, how often and how much do they eat, ways to encourage them to eat new foods, do you have health insurance and how to get it if you don't. The last month or two are spent on interacting with your child(ren): how do you talk to them, is there a better way to talk to them, how do they react to you, how to get the reactions you want. He looked over the certifications I have from the last parenting thing I did and watched me with my kids, looked around the house a bit (not much as he didn't move from the seat on the couch, lol) and said that he really doesn't see how this program would benefit me since I'm already doing everything they teach or promote. So, basically, I'm just waiting on a call from him to let me know whether or not the CPS case is in fact closed. He was also upset with the way CPS involved his program, as is his supervisor, because they are not involved with CPS at all. They take referals from CPS but that's it, and they hate how CPS more or less threatens their cases with this program. That's a whole other issue though and I'm assuming I won't really be involved in that, I wish them luck though.

In addition to that, I have had contact with Katie (my brother's girlfriend) and Lisa (my cousin), both of whom live with the people responsible for my CPS case. From what I was told by them, those responsible are completely regretting their involvement now. Which is good, they absolutely should regret it. They haven't seen my kids in just under two months now, they haven't heard from me, nothing. I'm still not certain of whether or not I want them in our lives, I'm still feeling hurt and betrayed and angry. I'm glad to know that they're regretting the whole situation though, maybe now they'll think twice before they start shit. Katie said she wanted me to be aware, if I wasn't already, of how they interrogate my son (or how they used to, before we cut them out). Which was basically asking him things like "are you okay over there," "are you afraid of anyone," "does your mom hit you," "does Lonn hit you," "what do they feed you, do you like it," and crap like that. I told her that I was already aware of that because, despite what they think, my son does tell me everything and he used to want to know why they ask him things like that.

Anyway, I told Katie and Lisa that I'm not sure about letting them back in at this point, I still need time to figure out how I feel and whether or not it's worth it to let those people back in. Plus, if I do let them back in, I need to figure out how I want things to go, lay down some boundaries and rules, and obviously I won't be leaving my kids over there unsupervised. They were both very understanding, Katie more so than Lisa. At this point, I'm thinking if I do let them back in, it'll be in small doses. Like an hour or two for holidays. But again, I don't know yet. Things have been so much better and I really don't want to go back to square one with my son by letting them back in, plus I don't want to just start over with them going right back to what they were doing before because I'm not 100% that they've learned anything from this.

Unfortunately, until I get that call letting me know the case is officially closed, I still can't name names but, I promise, I will make this all perfectly clear once I get that call.

For the time being, I have to go put my sling back on and ice my shoulder. I hope everyone is having a good week and may your weekends be awesome. :) Oh, and someone get some serious sleep for me becuase, ugh, I'm not comfortable (I have to wear the immobilizing sling to bed), I can't roll into comfortable positions, and the pain meds wear off after a few hours so I'm getting very little sleep! hahaha

Edit: I should've added this from the start but I forgot to, sorry about that. I originally injured my shoulder almost ten years ago at work. The doctors never discovered what was actually wrong but, in December 2005, I had surgery which repaired at a lot of damage that had developed over the course of treatment. The last year, several doctors and I have been trying to get a second surgery authorized to see why I'm still in constant pain and why things are getting progressively worse. We finally got the authorization, I had the surgery this past Tuesday. Hopefully now things will get better but we'll have to wait and see.

~1 10pm 8/19/2011~

I just got the call back from the parenting program guy and we have to complete the voluntary parenting program in order to close the CPS case, the program (which apparently is not voluntary after all) is a three to six month program. So I get to spend the next three to six months going over household safety, medical and nutrition, and interacting with my children.

To top it off, Ithought my cousin Lisa was understanding and all but, as soon as I sent a text to everyone about this, she starts guilt tripping me about not letting the people who indirectly caused all this see my kids. WTF?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
britkeller85
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:00 PM

what happened to your shoulder? I think i missed part of your story. Glad thing are turning around for you

SkylursMomma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Quoting britkeller85:

what happened to your shoulder? I think i missed part of your story. Glad thing are turning around for you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samanthamommy
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Quoting britkeller85:

coupon_ash
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:18 PM

what the others have said...

Chibi_Kitten
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:20 PM

I injured my shoulder almost ten years ago at work but they never could figure out what was wrong with it, I had surgery in December 2005 which only told us what complications arose during the four years of treatment. The last several years have been spent trying to figure out what's wrong with it, why I'm still in constant pain, and why things are getting progressively worse. This last year, several doctors and I have been fighting and jumping through hoops for the authorization for a second surgery to see what's going on. We finally got the authorization, so I had the surgery this past Tuesday. :)

NDAUGHERTY
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:20 PM
U look great!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heavenly1462
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Quoting britkeller85:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chibi_Kitten
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:27 PM

bump for update

coupon_ash
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)