Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share your favorite * quick * easy * cheap *recipes

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:59 PM
  • 21 Replies
Since all of us have at least one kid or are Waiting for one to arrive, and some of us have more than one, we dont always have the time or energy to cook. So let's help each other out.

What are some of your favorite recipes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeslieQuimby
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:02 PM
I make A southwestern chicken pasta easy!!! Sprial noodles u can buy tyson chicken alreafy made if thats quicker for u and then u need salsa corn fresh or frozen shredded cheese at end mix all these together and use a lil cumin spices u want and its done
LeslieQuimby
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:05 PM
Ooopppss cream cheese lol thats key
.Angelica.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:08 PM

bump. I need ideas

Mrs.Masri
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:13 PM
I will post some of mine when I'm not mobile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeslieQuimby
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:15 PM
I do pork loin... Then use olive oilbake sheet eith carrots cut likr sticks and potatos and i do brocoli when i have
Razzle_Dazzle1
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:18 PM

First, you fill a pot with water and then you put it on the stove and let it boil. Then you add raumen noodles...Lol, just kidding. One of mine and my daughter's favorites is Lemon Chicken. I have a lot of quick, cheep, easy recipies. Feel free to message me.

hazy999
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:18 PM
  • Spicy Honey Chicken

8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2lbs (you could use breasts as well)

2 tsp vegetable oil

Rub:
    2 tsp granulated garlic
    2 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp coriander
    1 tsp kosher salt
    1 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder (it's there in the spice aisle...you just have to look hard)

Glaze:
    1/2 cup Honey
    1T Cider Vinegar

Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix well.

Use kitchen shears to trim off any excess fat from the chicken pieces. Pat dry. Drizzle oil over chicken and rub in with your hands to lightly coat all the pieces. Then toss chicken with the spice rub to coat all sides well. Use your hands and get in there! Grill chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.

While chicken is cooking, warm honey in the microwave so it's not so thick. Add the vinegar and combine well. Reserve 2T honey glaze for later. Take the rest and brush on chicken (both sides) in the final moments of grilling.

I'm gonna warn you that this can make a hot mess, literally. It's sugar, and it's gonna drip. But the smelly smoke is worth it for a minute or two. Just leave your grill on for a few minutes after the chicken is done to burn off any excess glaze. It's totally worth it once you taste this stuff.

If you don't have a bbq, try it on an indoor grill pan or use your broiler. Just be sure to open a window in case you burn your glaze!

Vixcalamity
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Bump, will get back to this!!  I have tons =D

LeslieQuimby
I do a different mini loaves i use ground beef u can use any kind :) with salsa egg spices and then make them like u would then when there almost done add salsa and cheese on top ..... My gf used mush and swiss cheese and used a sauce with honey ketsup and witschire sauce i cant spell lol but taht was great too
hazy999

Taco Pizza

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
  • 2 (8 oz.) cans Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans (I used the jalapeño kind)
  • 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup sliced black olives
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning to the ground beef according to the package directions.
  3. Unroll crescent rolls into rectangles. Place in ungreased 11 1/2 inch x 16 1/2 inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Press dough over the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust.  Bake at 375 oven for 11 to 13 minutes or just until golden brown.
  4. Microwave beans in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute.  Carefully spread beans over warm crust creating a thin layer.
  5. Top with cooked beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese followed by tomatoes, black olives and green onion.  Return to oven for 3-6 more minutes until cheese is melted.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)