Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a HUD loan?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

How does that work? Are their certain requirements? Last question is... say a neighbor sold their house and it was through a HUD loan does that effect any property value around you? 

** I'm curious I know nothing about this subject. The only thing I know is It's Housing for Urban Developement.. but honestly that doesn't tell me jack lol... So anyone have it? Or know about them?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mstevens10
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:25 PM
bump?
bellawomen
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:26 PM
Bump. Im curious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookiecounter
by Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:31 PM
Like an fha loan? Is that what you mean?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstevens10
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:56 PM

honestly I have no idea. my friend was asking me about a HUD loan and I didn't have a clue. I googled it but i can't make a lick of sense of that lol

Quoting cookiecounter:

Like an fha loan? Is that what you mean?

Megan

julie002
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Go to hudhomestore.com it explains everything and helps you find hud homes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:50 AM
I left my job at a real estate office just as HUD homes were starting to get popular, so I'm not 100% sure on these answers.

There are certain requirements to buy a HUD home, but you can buy with any loan or even cash. There are no HUD loans (unless they just came out in the last 4months). U definitely want a realtor with experience in buying HUD homes if u do it tho because it's a very tedious project. No joke, they have their own specific paperwork for offers and you can only use blue ink. If it's in black it's rejected...so only original docs too. I hated those files.

And I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect your property value if one sells in your neighborhood, but don't quote me on that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:51 AM
Oh, they are specific homes sold through the organization HUD. Kinda similar to REOs but different
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstevens10
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM

oh ok thanks! She was just concerned that it was a loan for a step up from section 8 housing... (not knocking sect 8 though)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)