Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I feel horrible.....

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

My daughter had a dentist appointment this morning to get a new filling since hers fell out and we never knew. Well the dentist had to use twice as much novacaine since the lost filling is kind of like a deep cavity and she could feel EVERYTHING. So after she got her new filling and everything we took her to the park to make her feel better since she is a very active child and loves to run. We went down this trail they have at the park and she turns around and I notice blood coming from her mouth. I thought it would just have something to do with her tooth until i wiped it off and realized she bit her lip while running REALLY HARD. She didnt feel it but now the meds are wearing off and she keeps complaining that it hurts bad and it is pretty swollen. I feel so bad because I dont know what to do about it. Any ideas??

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nati123
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM
ice? :( poor baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeslieQuimby
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Awww poor girl.. Maybe ice pack on it im not sure good luck mama!!
OBImomma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Popsicle, or something cold. That's what I give my kids when they've busted their mouths
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:18 PM

you might have to take her to the ER to make sure it's ok :/

Chelsea_rh
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:18 PM
maybe some childrens tylenol. I had a tooth pulled today and my sister got a filling. They just suggested tylenol or other regular pain killers. Sorry...i hope she feels better soon...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twin.momma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Awe , its been a rough day huh? I'd give her a popsicle and maybe a cold compress. Hope tomorrow's better. 

hugs

UrbanSoccerMom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:20 PM

ibuprofen. helps the swelling, prevents infection

MommySwag88
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM

she is fine the bleeding stopped but i cant get her to stop crying she says it hurts really bad, i gave her ice when we got home she got into my salt and vinegar chips and screamed to high heaven...i completely spaced out but wont salt be good for an open sore in the mouth??

Quoting AlannaMaria:

AlannaMaria
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:25 PM

aww.. poor thing. i would giver her some tylenol and maybe a warm bath to calm her down and let her watch a movie. good luck

Quoting MommySwag88:

she is fine the bleeding stopped but i cant get her to stop crying she says it hurts really bad, i gave her ice when we got home she got into my salt and vinegar chips and screamed to high heaven...i completely spaced out but wont salt be good for an open sore in the mouth??

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)