Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help help help... mouse or mice in my house *update*

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:07 PM
  • 21 Replies

I havnt heard any but I was cooking dinner went to get a can and 3 rice bags were chewed open and mouse poop is everywhere. We r going out of town Monday for a few days....

What do I do?

Update

We cannot own a cat, dh and ds are both very allergic. Plus to own a pet we have to pay $250 for a deposite, animal has to be 1 yr or older, all shots, indoor only, fixed... 

I was finally able to speak to my rental company told them their phone is messed up but about the mouse issue as well. I told them their maintance guys must have known about it bc they left a live trap under my sink in the kitchen and bathroom but my stepmom had put stuff in front of them before i got see the place so i never noticed them. We have been here for a month now and never noticed mouse poop until yesterday. 

They are calling the pest control people again to have them come out. They were here yesterday spraying for bugs. so im waiting on a call back to see when they can come out because we are out of town next week so i want somebody here. i dont trust strangers and the pest control is given a key to my houe with no supervision if im not home. 

*Military wife since 2007* *SAHM to my baby boy since 2008* 

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usnseabhoneyb
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:10 PM

We live on a farm and get feild mice every year. Last year we bought some of those black and decker wall plug ins that drive them out. It worked really well then we put out traps to catch them. 

OBImomma
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:11 PM
I have no idea...so here's a bump!

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MAdkins82
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:11 PM
Either traps or poison.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Stefanie on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:11 PM
Set a bunch of traps.. we had a rat a few jights ago and the first night, he stole the pb off the trap without setting it off... Then we went out of town for the day and set 2 traps right by each other and when we came home, he was a goner...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:18 PM
I'm freaking out and can't call managment until tomorrow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrynarissa
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:25 PM

get a have a hart mouse cage to catch the sucker.

you can buy them at southern states, or at lowes, they might have them at home depot too.

you put the cheese in the trap and when the mouse goes to eat it the door shuts behind it.

in the morning when you see the mouse take the trapped mouse in the car with you and drive 10-15 minutes away to set it free.

this is what I have done in the past.  it is the non guilty way of disposal as you get the mouse out without it killing it.

also usually were there is one there is another so just as a double check set the trap again after you catch and release the first one.

the other option besides this is catching them by hand if you are not afraid of them.  but to do so you have to use garden gloves and be quick enough.  mice are usually nocturnal so this would be done at night or in the evening.  once you catch the sucker put it in a tall bin like a tall waste basket that has no top. (i stress tall and plastic cause mice can jump very high and climb.)

thien you can drive and take the mouse in some field a ways from your house.

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:33 PM
I don't have a car during the day. We will be gone for 5 days so I don't want them here.
I've never had a mice problem I fell gross
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lcm3181
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Set a ton of traps. Peanut butter lured mine in and now they are gone! Get some plastic air tight containers for food that could be in their "reach"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)