Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Childrens Books for DD about becoming a big sister?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone have any favorite ones that they read to their LOs??

Emilee is only two but somehow grasps the concept of their being a baby in my belly. It's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mshayle
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Angelina Ballerina makes one. It is really cute and covers her being jealous of the baby; moves to getting over that and LOVING being a big sister. BOTH of my girls loved it when they each became a big sister

jessica.kaye08
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Quoting mshayle:

Angelina Ballerina makes one. It is really cute and covers her being jealous of the baby; moves to getting over that and LOVING being a big sister. BOTH of my girls loved it when they each became a big sister

Thanks. :]  DD DOES love dancing and thinks Angelina is a Princess.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I haven't done them since my oldest was just 11mos when her sister was born, but my cousin read these two she liked: I'm a Big Sister by Joanna Cole and I'm Going to Be a Big Sister! by Jewell E. Jefferson

jessica.kaye08
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Thanks bamamababe1975! She seems to 'love' her sissy now. But I'm sure once she actually gets here things will change. It's weird too because she's turning 2 October 2nd and talks to my belly all the time, kisses it and says MY sissy and the other day she was pointing to my belly saying 'eyes-ears-mouth-nose' pretending to be pointing to sis's body parts. So I'm not sure how shes going to do because it seems like she may actually know theres a baby in my belly, but I'm sure that she'll still get jealous and upset because she's an only child right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)