Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have anxiety after there baby was born?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

ive heard of post partum depression but anxiety?? i just had my second baby 8wks ago and i find myself constantly worrying about the dumbest stuff... mostly at night i lay in bed think wat if someone breaks in wat if the house catches on fire or i cant sleep cuz i have to constantly check to make sure the baby is breathing.. the other day my husband and i took our kids to the coast and the whole drive there and back im thinking wat if we get in a head on.. wat if these trees fall on us etc. and i dont just think it i really get upset and freaked out about it. and even while im thinking it i know its not right and not likely to happen. i lose alot of sleep and i feel like i cant even relax and have a good time with my kids cuz im constantly thinking something bad is gonna happen. has this ever happen with you? any advise? i never felt this way with my first and its not just about the baby its just bad stuff in general.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Okigurl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:30 AM

I used to freak that something was going to happen to my daughter's head it would keep me up at night but eventually it went away.

KamisMommysGirl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:39 AM

i was like that when i had kameron and when i was pregnant with her.... mostly about her breathing....when she first came home i was up like every hour making sure she was ok. (she was a good sleeper after the first night of being home....so she wasn't up every hour but i sure was) i know exactly what you are talking about!

OBImomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:45 AM
Yes. I was like that actermy 2nd baby. It was bad. But after some medicine I'm much better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:53 AM
I was like that with Mia at first. I barely slept because I was always worried she would stop breathing or something. I couldn't shut my brain off at night. It definitely wasn't fun but it's gone away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyliesmommy7
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:15 AM
I had kylie 8 weeks ago and iv been the same way but shes been sick since she was born
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaTTsBBmAmA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:24 AM
I have anxiety all the time but I've had it my entire life I lay awake for hours wondering did I lock both doors, did I tell all my kids I love em before they went to sleep, I feel like I'm forgetting to do something all the time or something bad has to happen when things are going good. I'm not much help but I do feel for you! *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)