Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Male friends

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Can Women fave Male friends without it leading to someone wanting more?

Options:

Yes

no

Sometimes

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

*~"I'm through accepting limits, 'cause someone says they're so.  Some things I cannot change, but till I try, I'll never know"~*

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gemikris82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:24 AM

i have more male friends than female friends.

SaraiD83
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:24 AM

My very best friend is a boy that I dated for a couple months in college... we are JUST friends and my DH thinks he's great.  He totally supports us going out sometimes to catch a movie or just chill.

EllisClark87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:30 AM
For me, personally, I will say no. I've tried having male friends, but it seems they always wind up wanting it to lead to more. For example, I had a male friend who obese very close with. Dh knew him and everything. Well, one day he decides that he's in love with me, already kbowing I'm married with children. As much as I valued the friendship, I had tobcut it right there. That's not even the first time its happened. Happened a few times before I met dh too.
hempmommy87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Same here but I do not see them that way at all lol. They're like brothers to me so eww 

Quoting gemikris82:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

gemikris82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Quoting hempmommy87:

Same here but I do not see them that way at all lol. They're like brothers to me so eww 

Quoting gemikris82:

i treat them the way i treat my girlfriends.

steffiecox
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:38 AM
My best friend is a guy, we've been friends for years. We're nevr seen each other in any other way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffiecox
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:40 AM
My best friend is a guy, we've been friends for years. We're never seen each other as aything more then just friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeepinmom4
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:40 AM
This! Besides the fact that 90% of my guy friends are married or damn close to it!

Quoting hempmommy87:

Quoting gemikris82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSlingshot
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:41 AM

I always had more male friends than female friends. But after my top three confessed separately that they loved me as more than a friend, I had to reverse my views on male/female platonic frienship. I'm not saying it *can't* happen, but I think it's unlikely.

.Pagan.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:44 AM

i have a few male friends that i know would never cross any lines to disrespect my marriage they have all been introduced to my husband and received his 'blessing' as far as being ok. the issue is some men and women will mistake friendship for 'being in love' and i have had that issue before too. a guy that has a rocky marriage and sees that he can get along with you so much better than his wife will romanticise things when there isn't a reason to. they are simply puling the grass is greener thing...they would be just as miserable with me if i were their wife most likely lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)