Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I SERIOUSLY NEED A DREAM INTERPERTUR RIGHT NOW. MY DAD DIED IN MY DREAM

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM
  • 12 Replies

Heres the dream

my dad was in uniform like army class A, it wasnt quite the class A, but i knew in my dream it was a military related suit weird thing his he is not in the army or any military of any sort. but my dh is and my older brother was in the navy. anyways he came walking down the hallway with his hand to his head like he's saluting and was singing a song very loud to wake up the whole house. and he stopped outside my door and layed down and as i came to his side scared he said im going jasmine(thats my name) and i cant remeber the exact wording he used but it was somewhere along the lines of he wanted to actually say his final goodbyes to me. and he closed his eyes and i stared bawling.

idk what to think of this and im so terrified by it i actually woke up with tears in my eyes and i cant shake that crazy feeling this dream gave me. this is the first dream ever that gave me some reaction in real life that i was having in the dream. 

okay so heres some back round my dad was here and there when i was super young from what i cold remeber we had our differences when i was younf but now even thought we are thousands of miles away i call VERY often and if i dont he will call me we finally have that father daughter relationship and i know i can ask him for anything and even though im 20 with a child and a husband he is always trying to help finacially(which sometimes we do need and are thankful for)

PLEASE  someone give me a interputation this has me so freaked out and its only 4 in the morning and i cant go back to sleep

***Update

so i finally dosed off for like a hr had part 2 of the dream and i was in the hospital with my grandma and my cousi and they were talking about something that he's been hding that they just figure out from the doctor. and then it like flashed forward to his funeral service. but i wasnt really there it was like i was hearing the full service over a intercom system or something. like i left the room but could still hear the service. 

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jerrrrica
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:33 AM

A friend of mine had a dream a few years ago that I got in a wreck and died, A guy I was dating at the time was from Russia and he said there is an old folk tale or whatever there that it's like a blessing and is good luck to the person who died in the dream. Not sure if its true or if he was just saying it cause it was me that died in her dream.. but its good way to think about it like that.

WrapNLoseInches
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:38 AM
the week before we found out my dad had cancer i had dreamed 3 times about how mom was goingto have to survive without dad around. i figured it was my imagination until the third one. because in our family, if we have the same dream 3 times some part of it comes true, four days later dad was diagnosed and passed three months later, and mom is doing exactly what my dream was..shes putting in so many hours at work that shes getting 3 hours of sleep before getting up and going again. thankfully my nephew was born and mom finally took a weeks vacation and my bro says shes sleeping ten hours at a tim
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NuArmyWife718
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:18 PM

i really hope this is what it is. 

Quoting Jerrrrica:

A friend of mine had a dream a few years ago that I got in a wreck and died, A guy I was dating at the time was from Russia and he said there is an old folk tale or whatever there that it's like a blessing and is good luck to the person who died in the dream. Not sure if its true or if he was just saying it cause it was me that died in her dream.. but its good way to think about it like that.

NuArmyWife718
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM

well this is the first time i ever had a dream like this. i never been in a dream that felt so real. i mean i had a dream i saw my mom dead she hung herself in the bathroom and i was young then and it scared me then and i was checking up on her every freakin hour im pretty sure i was def. annoying her lol. but she is still here and that was  when i was like preteen probably before that and now im 20. and i thoguht that felt real then. but this one actually had me crying when i woke up and shaking i thought i woke up and was still in the dream till my dh looked at me like i was crazy 

Quoting WrapNLoseInches:

the week before we found out my dad had cancer i had dreamed 3 times about how mom was goingto have to survive without dad around. i figured it was my imagination until the third one. because in our family, if we have the same dream 3 times some part of it comes true, four days later dad was diagnosed and passed three months later, and mom is doing exactly what my dream was..shes putting in so many hours at work that shes getting 3 hours of sleep before getting up and going again. thankfully my nephew was born and mom finally took a weeks vacation and my bro says shes sleeping ten hours at a tim

NuArmyWife718
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM

BUMP!

NuArmyWife718
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM
wheres all the physic picture reading and dream reading people when you need them???
tnvplus2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:54 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockstarsMoM08
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:11 PM
In my family (Italian) we believe that if someone dies in your dream they will live a long life. **hugs**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PISCIS29
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM

in my culture ( i'm  mexican) this is actually a good sign. it means that who ever you have dreamt dying will live a long happy life. when you dream of your teeth or a person's teeth crumbling away THIS supposedly means the person who's teeth crumbled will die, or of it was your teeth some one close will die but death doesn't want to reveal who. But dreaming of someone dying means they will have a long life. I know this much only cuase both my grandmas could and sometimes till can interpret dreams. hope this helps.

PISCIS29

CafeMom Tickers
NuArmyWife718
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM

thanks you ladies b.c. this just completly freaked me out and i had to call him and try to sound as normal as possible but when i tell him its 6 am here and its like 10 am where he was at. he knows something was up but i def. didnt want to tell him i just told him i been up and decided to call. but he sounded his noral self happy jolly and was on his way to work so hearing him made me feel a little better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)