Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back Pain from Epidural 3 months later?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM
  • 6 Replies

The past few weeks, I have had SEVERE back pain.  I have to relax my back 90% of the time 3 days a week.  It's absolutely crippling pain.  It feels like it is in my spine where they did my epidural 3 months ago.  Is that possible? Like, I'm thinking maybe it's just gotten progressively worse over the past 3 months and I just haven't noticed it until lately.  The only thing that has helped is doing the stretches from p90x early in the mornings.  It helps with pain only, not limited mobility.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Bumping for you since I have no clue. Hope you feel better soon!
EllisClark87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Honestly, I still have back pain from the epidural of my first child. He's 5.,its not severe, but from time to time, it throne in that spot and dh has to rub it for me.
Mamala210
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Some people have back pain the rest of their lives from epidurals. One of my friends still has back pain from hers and her son s 10. My sister, however, has had no problems at all from when she had hers two years ago. 

babydsmommy18
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I have had three epidurals and I had back pain for about a month with the first two and I still have horrible pain in my lower back and my youngest was born 10 months ago.. I get a really sharp pain right where the epi was placed and then i have a dull achy pain..

Beautiful__mama
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:57 AM
I had my son 2yrs ago and still have really bad back pain from mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshine.hale
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM

:(  That figures.  My first epidural hurt WAY super badly and I was fine afterward.  Now, this one was almost painless and I hurt now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)