• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i just realized im one of THOSE people...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM
  • 7 Replies
that ones that cant stand rude or obnoxious people, who says hi to everyone but nevr really engages in a whole bunch of conversation. but yet, this overly nice gentelman comes in and thanks me and my coworker repeatedly over and over and over and shakes our hands fifty times for fixing his car. and im thinking "please! just stop thanking us, its our job, its not a goodwill type thing, you paid us a LOT of money to do it, we should be thanking you!"

does this make me a bad person? or possibly just woke up on the unfriendly side of bed?

normally i smile and nod and sometimes engage, and my clients love me (i think lol) theyre always bringing us fresh baked goods, christmas presents, some even send us birthday cards! we send out condolence cards when we hear a client has lot a member of their family. and i always have the candy jar and a diabetic candy jar available for our clients, i know half of our 4200 clients by name or face or by vehicle. if i see them in public we stop and talk. not just the awkward wave. i even know the kids names for the younger parents, and we send out congrats cards to clients whos child is featured in the "new addition" column in our papers (birth announcements)

but there are those few who just continually thank us a hundred times, and i realized today...that annoys me! but so do the rude ones who show up late, pick up late, no call no show,, or argue about the charges, or those that walk in and say "im in a hurry can we get this done"

am i a bad prson???

p.s. i manage an auto repair shop, me and one other mechanic do all the work. were in a big college town.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Chelsea_rh
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM
naw. I think it does get annoying when someone is overly thankful. I mean i know its exciting to have problems fixed on your car but cmon now. I used to be a service tech at an apt complex and i can not count how many people overly thanked me for painting their walls...patching up holes...replacing lights and all that other good stuff. Like okay youre welcome but it is my job ya know. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WrapNLoseInches
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM
bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettygirl326
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM

wow...i didn't know that some people don't like folks like me....i do the whole "hi, how are you" thing and i try and avoid a full blown conversation!! i guess i just don't care to know the rest.

i.m.r.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Lol I'm the same way. I'm a cashier/cash office employee at a grocery store. People will do that all the time for doing my job and it can be annoying. Of course some days when a customer yells at you those other annoying customers are nice to have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WrapNLoseInches
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:10 AM
i do the smile and nod too. its the overly thankful and overly rude that annoy me.

Quoting prettygirl326:

wow...i didn't know that some people don't like folks like me....i do the whole "hi, how are you" thing and i try and avoid a full blown conversation!! i guess i just don't care to know the rest.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM
I am this way. You're not a bad person.

Quoting prettygirl326:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minimom11107
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM

No you sound like a completely normal person.

Totally off subject... but you're the one that does coups for troops right? Will you pm me the address, I have a bunch of coupons that I'm about to toss and I remembered your (I think it was you) post.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)