Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of YOUR DS GOT MY DD PREGNANT!!!!!!! WWYD POST

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM
  • 48 Replies

Poll

Question: would you press charges?

Options:

Yes

No

depends (on what?)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 85

View Results

If you found out your under-age dd was having sex (consensually) would you press charges for statuatory rape?

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peytonsmom6308
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM

i dont know, I think it would depend on her age and the age difference in the couple...

makie2
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM

nope

Pink.Daisies.23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM
You can only press charges if he is a certain amount of years older.... Not just because you don't like two 15/16 yr olds having sex...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM
Depends on how much older he was & their relationship type. If they had been together awhile & he was 20 or so probably not. Any older & a short relationship probably. It also depends on dds age. If she waS close to 18 I wouldn't bother. If she was 14 & sleeping with a 20 yo yes I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamitamaria
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I had to wrestle with this issue (dd was 15 he was 17) He would have been labeleed a "sex-offender" for life...I couldn't do that to him...dd willingly slept with him.

Mamitamaria
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Quoting Pink.Daisies.23:

You can only press charges if he is a certain amount of years older.... Not just because you don't like two 15/16 yr olds having sex...

Actually in Georgia if either partner is under 16 you can press charges...the Romeo and Juliet exception (close age) just changes it to a misdemeanor instead of a felony.

i.m.r.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM
Depends on the age of both of them. If she's say 14 and he's above 18 then probably. If she's in her later teens and he's only a couple years older then no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the circumstances.

ShellGardner
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:46 AM
When I was 16 I was with a 21 yr old. We had Been together since I was 14 on and off. He passed away though when we were together his mom was the only one that knew about me. I had always been too young for him but I didn't see it that way.to answer the q I would not press charges.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manamott
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Absolutely not! I hate that. It's bullshit that it can even happen unless the underage party is like 12 or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)