Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chores

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM
  • 8 Replies
What kind of chores so you expect your kids to do around the house and how old are they?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MaTTsBBmAmA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM
9 year old make his bed take care of his snake and iguana take out garbage and keep his room picked up and video games put up he gets 5 dollars a week for doing them...

6 year old make her bed take her rabbit out every day feed and water her keep her room picked up and wipe the kitchen table down after dinner she also gets 5 dollars a week.

5 years in 2 weeks he makes his bed keeps his toys picked up and wipes the table down after lunch he gets 3 dollars a week

5 years in 2 weeks same as her twin brother but she wipes the table off after breakfast and gets 3 dollars a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
J-MOM24
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM

My two are 5 and 7. they have to have thier rooms done of course or they get no TV or outside time until it's done. Also they take turns doing the table before and after dinner, clean up the restroom after their baths, and take turns helping me with dishes. My kids LOVE to clean though so it works out for us.

J-MOM24
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Also, no money is given. I'm not teaching them that it's being done to help ME out, it's being done because it's their mess too. I work all day so it's not fair I pick up after everyone in the house when I get home. i put in my infant mommy time lol!

LongBeachLiz
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:50 PM
I want to start a chore board bc my dd is lazy and doesn't do anything. She also appreciates NOTHING!!! it's terrible and shameful :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaTTsBBmAmA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Get a dry erase board if your not crafty and start ASAP I swear it makes a huge difference my oldest was the same way but now that he has to work for what he wants and uses his own money he has a new respect for his things and me

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

I want to start a chore board bc my dd is lazy and doesn't do anything. She also appreciates NOTHING!!! it's terrible and shameful :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessi19
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:01 PM

my dd just turned 3 last friday, she's expected to pick up her toys in the living room twice a day and she throws anything i have in the garbage throughout the day. She's been picking u pafter herself since she could walk practically lol shes a great little helper and i tell her how much i appreciate anything she does

Mommajub
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM

My oldest will be 9 next month, she takes trash out when I ask, and she's expected to fold her own clothes after I wash them. She's expected to keep her room clean and help pick up the living room floor once a day even if her baby sister gets out most of the toys.

I don't pay her, she just earns the joy of a job well done and a clean house :P

MOMMY_TO_TWO
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM
My 3 yo dd is required to pick up her toys from the house as well as laundry and toys in her room. Ds is too young for chores but when he's oldsr he'll be required to do the same
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)