• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nervous....

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

So in the past 4 years DF and I have only spent about 2 months of that time together. 3 of it as friends, and 1 engaged. He's coming home from deployment soon and during our entire engagement I only saw him for 2 weeks. I'm nervous, what if he's not the person I remember? Once he's home this time, he will be around for 2 years which will be so strange since we haven't spent that much time together since we were 17 and 18. He saw a lot on this deployment, suicide, people dead from the Tsunami in Japan, atrocities in the Middle East. What does that do to a person? *sigh* I guess I'm just filled with butterflies right now. I'm excited to be able to see him shortly, but on the other hand I'm sooo nervous.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
.Pagan.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM

my husband saw a lot of things too but honestly there were only a very few things that really bothered him. a couple of guys he was close to died and the bugs. all the rest didn't really phase him because he had the 'this is war' mindset going. i think for him the hardest thing was when he was asleep he would jump around and kinda talk in his sleep...i barely got any sleep the first few months but it was because i stood guard in a way. no war movies no matter how much he wanted to watch them ( i learned that one fast) and when he started his nightmares id wake him up. my though was that i couldn't 'leave him' in that place if i could help it. so id get him out by waking him up. abt 6 months after he got back he slept fine. he still thinks a spider is on him every now and then from sleeping in the holes in the desert in Iraq but that's it. it affects everyone differently. some guys completely loose themselves and some just get a lil jumpy for a small time. just be there to support him :)

s.k.smommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Hugs. He will be different in certain ways. Seeing that type of thing can make a person become more withdrawn. The most important thing to remember is that he is the same person you fell in love with. Don't pressure him to do things he's not ready to do. Take things at the pace he wants to go at. Before he gets home I suggest researching ptsd and learning all the warning signs so that if he exhibits them you can make sure he gets the help he needs as soon as he can. Good luck sweetie. If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me. My dh is in the National Guard and is deploying soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frangurl
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:59 PM

i think he will be feeling exactly the same, and probably thinking the same what if's too. if you both love each other then im sure you will both fall back into normal life as if youve never been apart.  he will probably need time to get used to life back home but always remember he loves u and will be glad to be home but just needs to relax and settle down to normality.

miller060905
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:00 PM

((hugs))

ambermarie2006
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Thanks you guys, I really appreciate the advice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)