Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it's raining, it's pouring

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:10 PM
  • 10 Replies
For the past few days its been raining off & on here in Vegas. I LOVE the rain, but this is one of those times i wish i had a car. i have to walk my oldest DS to school every morning :( its not far but still i feel horrible that we have to walk in the rain. we have no car what so ever. (my parents have a honda accord but the transmission has been needed to be replaced for a long time now) i just wanted to get that off my mind. Thanx for reading :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:59 PM

hugs

QU33NB33_213
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Thank you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandiface
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:02 PM
Hugs, mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I know what you mean. We don't have a car either so if we need groceries my step dad drives us. It really sucks, and is going to be even worse in the winter.

QU33NB33_213
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:08 PM
oooo im dreading the winter mornings. we live at the end of town so if it gets cold enough it actually snows in Vegas!!! im hoping to have a car by then though.

Quoting i.m.r.:

I know what you mean. We don't have a car either so if we need groceries my step dad drives us. It really sucks, and is going to be even worse in the winter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM
I hope we get rain here in Texas soon :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Oh no!  i hope your walk isn't too bad.

BV88
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Ugh I know what you mean! It takes 15-20 minutes to walk to school (and another 15 for me to walk back) and we live in Alaska. This is gonna be our first winter here and I'm dreading walking in the snow :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
young_lv_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I know how you feel, my husband has our car and I have my 3 year old with us. We had to use 3 umbrellas b/c the kids hate sharing lol. but its clearing up now.

i.m.r.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:43 PM

lol I'm from Ontario Canada, so trust me, I know snow. I didn't realize it actually snowed in Vegas though! What's the point of living in a desert if it snows still? lol. Well I hope you guys don't have too bad of a winter. Not having a vehicle with children is definitely not fun. It takes twice as much time to get anywhere and it just makes you not want to go anywhere because of how much of an ordeal it is. My DD is five months right now so by the time it's winter she'll be 7 months, which may be a little better but she's definitely going to hate having to be bundled up because she's not really used to it. Since she was born at the end of April she really hasn't had to wear much more than sleepers or onesies and she hates being changed. It'll be interesting for sure.

Quoting QU33NB33_213:

oooo im dreading the winter mornings. we live at the end of town so if it gets cold enough it actually snows in Vegas!!! im hoping to have a car by then though.

Quoting i.m.r.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)