Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hard times

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

fallen on hard times. no food in the house, no toilet paper. our kids are living with my husbands mom until we can get on our feet...my husband needs a job. construction, roofing, fixing houses,...if u hear anything please let me know...ty

CUTEHIPPY420

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:57 PM

welcomeNice to meet you! Its hard! Hope he finds a job!

NearSeattleMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:55 PM

welcome to cafemomHope things start looking up!

jugglingJoin me in The Lounge for more conversation!
               Or come chat on The Park Bench!

MsVanqueOsg
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Sorry to hear, keep your head up!

kylansmommy09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Ill be praying for you and your fam. i am soo sorry you are going through this! it seems like alot of people have hit hard times lately :( My SO got laid off about 6 mnths ago and cannot get a job anywhere our second child is due in DEC. :( I really hope everything turns around for you guys!!! and I'm soo glad that there grandma is able to help out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash1ey01
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Nice to meet you, but sorry to hear about your situation. Are you able to get state assistance? Food stamps, WIC, welfar, unemployment? There's got to be something that can help you out. Good luck

lotsohuginmomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM
This!

Quoting Ash1ey01:

Nice to meet you, but sorry to hear about your situation. Are you able to get state assistance? Food stamps, WIC, welfar, unemployment? There's got to be something that can help you out. Good luck

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaeTaeLove
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Are there food banks in your area? Soup kitchens? The food bank here also gives out toiletries to those that need them. Try for state assistance, and send him to all the temp agencies. It may not be steady work, but it is work. Or what about day labor. They don't pay much, but its money in the pocket daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collectivecow
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:42 PM

This.

You should be able to qualify for food stamps/medicaid/WIC/child care assistance/and emergency +regular cash assistance. I know you may not want to do it, but sometimes it is good to put our pride aside and get help immediately when needed.

Have you considered also trying to find part-time work? I know you may want to be a SAHM, but even bringing home a little cash till he gets on his feet may help.

Also check with your local churches, drop-in centers, organizations and food banks. They can give you immediate items (clothing/toiletries/food/etc) on the spot.

I know it's rough: I have been there myself, so if you have any questions or need help finding local places to call just message me.

Quoting Ash1ey01:

Nice to meet you, but sorry to hear about your situation. Are you able to get state assistance? Food stamps, WIC, welfare, unemployment? There's got to be something that can help you out. Good luck

"The right to be heard does not include the right to be taken seriously."

LexisMommie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:02 PM
Quoting TaeTaeLove:

Are there food banks in your area? Soup kitchens? The food bank here also gives out toiletries to those that need them. Try for state assistance, and send him to all the temp agencies. It may not be steady work, but it is work. Or what about day labor. They don't pay much, but its money in the pocket daily.

cutehippy420
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:57 AM

my computer is really slow, so thank you in advance for all the replys and support. my email is cutehippy420@aol if anyone wants it. ty and have a great day...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)