Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another hard times post...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM
  • 8 Replies

LIFE BLOWS! I am unemployed because i just had a baby. DH works full time at the same job he's had for 6 years but it barely pays enough to cover rent. My sister moved in with us in June but lucky her was given a BIG FAT promotion at work and has to move to Dallas. I am happy for her but damn it couldnt have come at a worse time for us. We are having car trouble out the ying yang and the dog is almost out of food (maybe 4 days left..) after we pay rent on the 1st we will have less then $200 to pay all the bills. My husband keeps telling me to talk to my sister and/or my dad for help but my pride is taking over. we have made it on our own for 6 years I dont want to start asking for help now. and ok fine i ask them for help but how long will that help last? I have applied every where I can think of. Even craigslist ads and no one wants me. The way I see it we have 2 options. Move to my moms 3 hours away (where my little sister is already living..) OR move to DH's biological dad's in Florida. 1500 miles away.. His dad has offered more times than I can count. and I think thats the best option but I'm having trouble bringing it up to my husband. I'm just so stressed out. Pretty much all I do all day while im alone with the baby is cry... which stresses him out which in turn stresses me out more.

Just needed to get all that out. thanks for reading if you did.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Sweets27
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM
I'm sorry we've been through that before and it is very hard. Hope things get better for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:34 PM
Times are tough. I took a crap retail job after graduating college and didn't get a job in my field until a year later..

Stay tough! Put a resume/ application out AT LEAST once or twice a DAY!

Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:34 PM

((hugS))

rthompson1138
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM
I have spent the past 2 weeks atleast 4 hours a day filling out applications and sending resumes..

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Times are tough. I took a crap retail job after graduating college and didn't get a job in my field until a year later..

Good luck!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:51 PM
Like I said, took me a year :/

Keep on truckin'!

Quoting rthompson1138:

I have spent the past 2 weeks atleast 4 hours a day filling out applications and sending resumes..

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Good luck!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyD87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Sounds stressful! There is nothing wrong with taking help if you need it  :) 

lilahsmommie
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Sometimes you have to put pride aside.

Would you working even be worht it after the cost of child care and transortation?

Can your DH get work where his dad is?

sreichelt26
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 1:49 AM
I'm sorry :( we're going through a lot of trouble ourselves. Try to get on WIC or food stamps. If you have to move in with someone - you do what you gotta do. We've even talked about it, but my MIL is cosigned on our house so if we lose it it affects her credit, so that's not an option for us.

As far as dog food, contact local spca or animal shelters/rescues. They can usually get you food somehow so you can keep your dog. We got a free 20lb bag of food for our cats.

Hang in there! Find odd jobs to do, even if it's running errands for people or cleaning houses. Coupon. Buy the bare minimum. Sell stuff on CL. Have a garage sale (see if people have stuff they need to get rid of and would be willing to donate for u to sell and keep the $)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)