Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when nobody heeds your warnings?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have a brother with huge mental issues to say the least. He needs serious help and the system has failed and he is going to hurt somebody for real. I have tried to talk to parole, the mental hospital that has seen him, the police, the parole supervisor, he even lied to the judge and we rated him out to the court probation who doesnt even know he is on parole! How in the hell does a court or judge not know he is on parole? They think he has a clean rap sheet when it is really pages long. Seriously i dont know where to turn or how to help prevent his future victims. I feel like beating my head against the wall.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Beckndrew
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM

depending on the state u live in if you have another willing party, you can commit your brother for an evaluation if you have fears that he is dangerous. I have been through a similar situation, if you want to know details message me.

young_lv_mom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Can you go to the police station and get a print out of his criminal record or get a back ground check done on him and take that to the judge or where ever it is needed to get him help?

Pink.Daisies.23
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Let go and walk away. It's all you can do to protect yourself and your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bettysmurf88
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:27 AM

I have already gotten him commited. The police wouldnt help me do it so i physically took him down tied him up and took him. They kept him for two days and said he was bipolar and let him go. That was two months ago and they call me every week and i tell them what has escaladed and all they say is they are sorry that i need to keep my  kids safe. What about everybody else? I have taken his background to the police and the probation department in the court nobody cares. My family and I have time and again called parole and they just say so what they don't care. We wonder why there is all these bad people walking around and such horrible crimes commited but yet when it comes to preventing them nobody wants to hear it. I have wrote to the head of the parole department and nothing. I have even wrote to the mayor asking for help....nothing!

.Pagan.
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:30 AM

if he is 18 or older and hasn't actually committed a crime there is nothing they can legally do besides that evaluating thing and then if he is clever enough he can justtell them what they want to hear and leave. The only thing left in your power is to toss him out of your life for the protection of your family. putting yourself in the mix repeatedly only subjects you to the possibility of being the victim or your family being the victim

Quoting bettysmurf88:

I have already gotten him commited. The police wouldnt help me do it so i physically took him down tied him up and took him. They kept him for two days and said he was bipolar and let him go. That was two months ago and they call me every week and i tell them what has escaladed and all they say is they are sorry that i need to keep my  kids safe. What about everybody else? I have taken his background to the police and the probation department in the court nobody cares. My family and I have time and again called parole and they just say so what they don't care. We wonder why there is all these bad people walking around and such horrible crimes commited but yet when it comes to preventing them nobody wants to hear it. I have wrote to the head of the parole department and nothing. I have even wrote to the mayor asking for help....nothing!

bettysmurf88
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I was just reading through my old posts and thought i'd update. My brother was murdered May 2012

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 26, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I am so sorry to hear that.

Quoting bettysmurf88:

I was just reading through my old posts and thought i'd update. My brother was murdered May 2012

mrscass0416
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Quoting Pink.Daisies.23:

Let go and walk away. It's all you can do to protect yourself and your kids.

this, exactly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)