Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok...how would you handle this? She "forgot" to pick up my ds...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM
  • 35 Replies

I am a sahm and my ds started kindergarten this year.  On Tues. and Thurs. I go to school most of the day and while my MIL watches my two kids, she physically cannot not walk my son to/from the bus stop so we have hired a teenager across the street who gets home schooled to walk my ds to/from the bus stop on those two days.  When the arrangement was made, we spoke to her mother first and got the ok from her and provided her with SEVERAL numbers in case something came up and her daughter couldn't do it.  We have 3 back up plans if she cannot make it so it would be no biggie.  Long story short, I got a call from my ds's school telling me that he needed to be picked up from school b/c no one was at the bus stop to pick him (because he's so young, their procedure is that if no one is there, the bus driver does not release him, she brings him back to school).  Thankfully I was around the corner and was able to pick him up.  When we got home, I went across the street and the father was home and when I asked where the daughter was, he was like "Oh, her and her mother went out...when they get back, I'll have her come over"  He was aware that she was supposed to pick up my child and his attitude was like "oops".  5 minutes after talking to him, the girl called and was pretty much like her and her mother were no where near the house and she totally forgot.  Mind you, by now it is after 3pm an HOUR after she was supposed to meet my ds at the bus stop.  When I told her what ended up happening she was like "oh...sorry, but I'm not home".  The issue isn't that you aren't home, it's that fact that you couldn't even call to say "Heah stupid! I can't pick up your kid!"  What makes it worse is that she was with her mom, the person who AGREED in the first place to let her do and between the two of them no one said anything until they were confronted...Needless to say I'm livid and want to just be like forget whereas by dh is like, she a teen, give her another chance...

What's your thoughts?

---Someone asked me, what's one thing that you wish you could change about yourself and before thinking, I said I wish I wasn't so compassionate.  I wished that when someone came to be with a personal problem I didn't take it on as my own burden.  A voice said to me "But haven't I been compassionate towards you?"  Just then I realized that being compassionate and sensitive is gift from God that I've learned to love and appreciate...

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WrapNLoseInches
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:34 PM
one more chance if its voluntary, if your paying her to do this..shes fired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jblaac57
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM
No way! She's obviously not respinsible enough and i would not trust my childs well being to her again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM
She wouldnt be given another chance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AKluth
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Sorry but no, thats not ok!! Cause obviously you cant trust her .. or her mom! I would be finding someone else honestly

XxXSxyMamaXxX
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM

i wouldnt give her another chance sorry

BV88
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM
No more chances. She's irresponsible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Personally, I wouldn't give her another chance!

Thank your lucky stars that the bus driver was responsible enough to not leave your child!

2 years in a row, my DD's bus driver dropped her off at the wrong bus stop (about 10 blocks from home) ON PURPOSE, because the extra 2 minute drive to my house would have "made her run late". O_o

So good to know that HER schedule is more important then the safety of MY CHILD!!

Anyways, my kids do not & will not take the bus from now on. If our bus company was as responsible as yours, I might reconsider.

I DO, however think it would be best for you & everyone involved to just find a different option. Especially since she wasn't even remorseful about it. It shows that she doesn't understand the importance behind the responsibility. KWIM?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexisMommie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:44 PM
How long has the teen been doing this for you? If she's been doing this for awhile then it should part of her routine and she should've remembered so you'd have a right to be upset . However if she hasn't done this for very long then I could see her forgetting. The way her and her mother came across is not right though, they should be taking full responsibility instead of acting like your LO is nothing important. That's a huge responsibility when a small child is involved! I would let someone else who's more responsible take your little boy from now on. Thank god they took him back to school instead of just leaving him at the bus stop!
MrsDex
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:44 PM

yea... no more chances for her.

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Personally, I wouldn't give her another chance!

Thank your lucky stars that the bus driver was responsible enough to not leave your child!

2 years in a row, my DD's bus driver dropped her off at the wrong bus stop (about 10 blocks from home) ON PURPOSE, because the extra 2 minute drive to my house would have "made her run late". O_o

So good to know that HER schedule is more important then the safety of MY CHILD!!

Anyways, my kids do not & will not take the bus from now on. If our bus company was as responsible as yours, I might reconsider.

I DO, however think it would be best for you & everyone involved to just find a different option. Especially since she wasn't even remorseful about it. It shows that she doesn't understand the importance behind the responsibility. KWIM?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)