Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the point?!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM
  • 1 Replies

Seriously, what is the point of having health insurance when they want to find any little reason to not cover a charge?! Ugh I am so aggrivated right now.

I have roughly $132,000 in medical bills from when I had my complications after giving birth. Know how much my insurance has paid on it? About $1,100. Kinda pisses me off cause we have paid more than that into it! When I had gotten pregnant, I found out that my insurance didn't cover maternity (his company opted out of it), so I had to get on medicaid. So now I am praying that medicaid is going to pick up everything labeled maternity because my insurance company wants to say that since the complication arose from giving birth, it is considered maternity.

We may end up having to file bankruptcy down the road because of this. My DH says it doesn't matter to him because his wife is alive and well, but I know he is concerned about it. We had just got our credit on track (his was bad, I had none)and BAM had this happen and completely screw us.

"Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold on to." ~Dolores Claiborne

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Jenn8604
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:53 PM
AWWWW HUGS!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)