Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cage Fighting Kids?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM
  • 25 Replies

So cage fighting is now getting big with kids activities. I watched a news segment where the parents are screaming bloody murder on the sidelines. What do you think? This video isn't like the one I saw on the news, those parents were like animals :/

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xRockaBrittanyx
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I think absolutely not. MMA is an ADULT sport. That's just not an environment a child should be in. "Here, Tommy, let me stick you in this cage and have you fight like an animal.. no, don't worry, mommy will be screaming at you and telling you to fuck the other kid up! I'm here for you, baby!"

Martial arts, sure. They teach a child to be calm, and focused, and self defense. This is definitely not that, by far.

luvmyangel22
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this
its actually called mixed martial arts and teaches dscipline. have you ever watched it on tv. they spend the whole fight beating each other up and then usually embrace afterward.
dh did it and yes i will let my son when he is old enough if he wants to, no more dangerous than football
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmyangel22
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
its actually called mixed martial arts and teaches dscipline. have you ever watched it on tv. they spend the whole fight beating each other up and then usually embrace afterward.
dh did it and yes i will let my son when he is old enough if he wants to, no more dangerous than football
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimsd
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:26 PM
That wasn't any worse than high school wrestling. They didn't punch or kick each other. It'll teach something long lost in this generation; how to be a man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimsd
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM
Think about the massive confidence boost these kids will have. Gee where does that come in handy??? Oh yeah, everywhere in life.

Quoting xRockaBrittanyx:

I think absolutely not. MMA is an ADULT sport. That's just not an environment a child should be in. "Here, Tommy, let me stick you in this cage and have you fight like an animal.. no, don't worry, mommy will be screaming at you and telling you to fuck the other kid up! I'm here for you, baby!"

Martial arts, sure. They teach a child to be calm, and focused, and self defense. This is definitely not that, by far.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenieceMojica
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

i dont even need to watch the video to know that there is no way on hell i willlet my son do that... hubby can do whatever he pleases i am his wife and not his mommy but if he makes that chose he can kiss my tush while i walk out the door... i have serious issues with any type of fighting... i have no clue why but if i see stuff like that it literally give me nightmares

novachick
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't see anything bad about the video. It was much more like wrestling than mma. There was no hitting or punching or kicking just wrestling. And they even embraced the whole there's no loser thing So they were pretty pc lol. Both had their hands raised and both got a medal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaTTsBBmAmA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest trains in many different areas of mma as long as they wanna do it I think it's great..

Quoting luvmyangel22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaTTsBBmAmA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow dramatic much?

Quoting xRockaBrittanyx:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squishylove
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
It's mma. Not cage fighting.
And martial arts is all about discipline and learning respectfulness. It's actually incredible that kids are learning this, it will give them a great path to go in life. Obviously if used correctly and taught the right way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)