• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with DF

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
Let me start with saying I love my finance, other wise I wouldn't be marrying him! Lol but I'm worried about his communication skills, or lack of. He can talk your ear off about nothing and can talk to anyone, but when it comes to me its like he has a hard time coming up with anything to say. It gets worse when we need to have an important talk. (Example- me going back to school).
I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through this or has. If you have what did you do to help him open up and talk to you? I'm just scared to get married to someone that doesn't talk to me... I believe the key to any relationship is communication.
Any ideas, thought or pointers would be great.
Thanks!
Becky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LancesMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I think my hubby tones out half of what I say! Get used to repeating yourself! =) HUgs!

boshs1andonly
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Hubby wasn't always great at communicating either, sometimes it's just hard for them in the moment. With mine, I got him a notebook and told him, write it down if you need to think it out, then we will talk again later. Also, give him plenty of time to process and dont get upset if he doesn't answer right away. Mine has gotten a lot better about it, good luck with yours! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)