Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when you've just had enough??

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

I'm a 21 year old Stay at home mom of three kids my DS1 is 3,DD is 22 months and DS2 is 10 months i love my kids with all my heart and would do anything for them but today im just at my wits ends My oldest is being a tearier and is constantly hitting his sister and pushing the baby over, My dd and DS2 are none stop crying and whinny its a rainy day here so iv been trying to keep them busy playing and doing crafts but they are still fighting and crying ever minute!! I put them all down for a nap and when they woke up they went right back to fighting and crying the moment they woke up.... I have no one to watch them so i can take a breather Im with them 24/7 DH is at work for another 2 hours i feel like im going to go bust out crying myself  if one more kid cries or hits another one.... :(

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SLCathels
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:49 PM

I've watched a few younger kids that made me want to scream. So I did. I stood in the room with them and screamed.....I didn't scream anything just....screamed. They shut up and looked at me, and I simply said "keep it this way" it lasted a little while....=(

squishylove
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM
Aagh how frustrating. I can't stand days like that. And they're so young you have to watch them consantly.

Is there any way you can put them all in their beds and take a mommy time out? Maybe every single time the oldest one hits the others put him on his bed and make him get away from the situation. It will probably take like 100 times of doing it but he'll eventually get it. And then the others can learn from him how to act.

Sorry I'm sure you weren't asking for advice on that but it's all I have. I would go insane if I didn't get breaks every so often and luckily I get them. You're a strong mama, I hope they're better tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collectivecow
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:53 PM

I'm sorry you're having a rough night. :(

Momaof2boys1985
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:53 PM
Let it out girl! I've got 3 boys and the two oldest fight all the time too. I put my in the corner when they start that crazness! After doing it over and over they get the hint. Either get along or waste ur day in timeout when u could be having fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocksnob71
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Songs with hand motions usually work for me. If you don't know the hand motions, just make some up.

hailey3
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:56 PM
I've locked myself in the bathroom crying as they cried before. I have a 23 month old who hits and is mean. And a 5 month old then the 12,8 and 6 year olds. Its been rough. If u need to talk pm me. I am here. Been in ur shoes. I now how hard it is. I'm there now. Ur not alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LexisMommie
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM
I'm sorry your babies are driving you nuts :(
Amy614
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Check out the book 123 Magic:  Effective Discipline for 2-12.  It would likely help a lot with your older 2.  We use it with our now 4 and 2 yo, and it has made a huge difference for them (when we are consistent with it, and can get everyone else on the same page with us.)  

GL momma!  Been there.  As soon as they go to bed, run a nice bubble bath and sink in.  I bet it'll feel good for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)