Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breakdown time...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:36 PM
  • 9 Replies
So dd has been really out of sorts the past couple of days. She's teething so it's been a struggle. She's been waking up crying during the night so I haven't been sleeping much. Anyway all day it's been tough to keep her occupied and happy and dh went to the store and all hell breaks loose. I'm changing her diaper which is pissing her off then changing her into a sleeper for bed and she's screaming bloody murder. Dh walks in and I'm almost finished buttoning it and trying to console her and she just won't stop so he takes her and I just broke down. I hate hearing my little girl cry like that. It makes me so sad... I just need to go to bed... Sorry for the vent, it's just been such a long day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TashaB82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM
Aww!! It is heartbreaking to hear them cry isnt it! But its okay for us moms to have a good cry every now and then too!! Hugs! What are u giving her for teething?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Teething rings, a mesh baggy with frozen fruit. I don't know much about the gels and if they're ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TashaB82
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:48 PM
Teething tablets worked wonders on my son but this was 2 yrs ago but im sure they are still safe! And i would also put banana halves on popsicle sticks in the freezer and give them to him! He loved them and they really soothed his gums!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLexy84
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Hang in there mama, hugs

momma_sam
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM

aww. no mommy likes to see thier baby in pain. 

i.m.r.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Thanks I'll check those out and the banana halves seem great too! She's only five months so I'm not sure of she can actually eat eat the bananas right now, but that's why I use the mesh sack for now. I just hope she feels better soon. My doctor won't believe me that she's teething because it's been happening for two months now and he says she's too young but she has all the symptoms. But I'll definitely check out the tablets.

Quoting TashaB82:

Teething tablets worked wonders on my son but this was 2 yrs ago but im sure they are still safe! And i would also put banana halves on popsicle sticks in the freezer and give them to him! He loved them and they really soothed his gums!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaheather87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM
The teething tablets were actually recalled. But they do work wonders!! If they ever come back out with them I would definitely give them a shot!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandaR89
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Hang in there! It will get better!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akgraff
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM

*hugs* i hope you feel better. Teething times are never fun but i'm sure your a great mama! keep up the fantastic work you are doing as her mother, take a bath drink some wine..try and find time to relax :) you deserve it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)