Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does everyone run to the ER??**edit**

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM
  • 22 Replies

Seriously? If your 5-6 wks pregnant and having pain what can they do?

I know I may have steped on some toes here BUT and ER is an EMERGENCY Department.
Also an ambulance is supposed to be for emergencies it's not a glorified taxi.

But honestly why is every answer usually go to the ER?

Ok, so I couldn't edit bc I was mobil yesterday but maybe I shouldn't have used the pregnancy is the only example. I know etopic can be a possibility but usually its not the case. Many women run to er because of every little ache and pain. But maybe as one poster said it's just this site. I really don't know what it is but I guess my point is the ER is not a 24/7 drs office. As someone else posted they went to the ER bc of a bug bite on the forehead... why? whether you pay for private insurance or not... 

I guess I feel this way  because also being a medic and formally working on an ambulance we had a serious patient sitting on my streatcher in the hall way waiting for a room because of someting that did not need to go to the ER. If you call the dr and the dr says go in then ok I can understand that... but for flu like symptoms? 

I've gone in for headaches but that was ONLY because I have cluster migranes and I actually look like I'm having a stroke (vison loss, one side paralysis and confusion)

so anyhow sorry if i pissed anyone off but i just don't see the point.  

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Well what if it could be an ectopic pregnancy??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JudesAwsomeMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Eh. Idk. Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof3romeros
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:23 PM
If I didn't go to the e.r. I would gave list my left tube. I had a etopic pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof3romeros
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:24 PM
*lost
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NavyWifetb
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM

They could tell her if something is wrong.

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM

If the pregnancy is ectopic or a tubal... it could kill the mother. so there are some reasons to go to the ER for pain in early pregnany. 

However, i do agree that an ambulance is not needed in every case. And that some pains are just the uterus expanding.

I have taken my son to the ER for things that others dont seem prevelent but i do. all in the eyes of the one in the moment.

KCarter03
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

b/c its for that too.. its a emergency if u somethign is going wrong 

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM

i pay for my insurance.  i pay my copays.  if i feel like i should/need to go to the ER then that's exactly what i'll do.

MaTTsBBmAmA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:28 PM
Blehhhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshyne86
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM
My drs tell you to...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)