• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DID U WATCH DR. OZ TODAY??????edited

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM
  • 68 Replies

OMG! I am mortified!!!! to say the LEAST

Dr. Oz did arsenic tests on different brands of apple juice and the results DUMBFOUNDED me! 

ok so the amount of arsenic allowed in our drinking water in america is 10 parts per billion...and the apple juices he tested were: minute maid (which averaged 3-which is good...compared to...) juicy juice, gerber, and motts (which all three came out higher than 10! 12 was the lowest and gerber was the highest in the 30s!!! -didnt want to be too specific because i didnt want to get any info wrong...as soon as i figure out how to do this link thing i will update...

BUT THIS IS INSANE!!!!!!!!! please tell everyone you know!!!!! most of us mothers think we are doing something good for our kids when we buy the expensive gerber apple juice and juicy juice is the only one u can get on food stamps right?? (<-not sure on that...thankfully..)

and Motts...i thought of that as a healthy one too! :( :( 

apparently there are no regulations in place for the amount of arsenic in juices from other countries...and not just juices either...basically anything coming from other countries get very little, if any testing done and extremely low standards on quality(healthwise)!!!!

also i wanted to add, he did to testing on organic apple juice and found no arsenic at all

edit: i did not mention another brand that was tested...Apple and eve! they were up there close to gerber! 

we just bought some apple and eve juice boxes the day before i saw the show! they were expensive (the fruitables) and they r going in the trash!

I am curious about other fruit flavors, berry, grape...i wonder why they only disgussed the apple?? this research is overwhelming!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissLoveLyfe
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:01 PM
I didn't see it, but I heard about it!! That's crazy!! Thank goodness I never buy apple juice!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Omg :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eleecpht
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM

I am just still in shock!! i have 2 kids 5 and 2, i have given them apple juice of all of those kinds...

I am so.....ANGRY! and SAD :(

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Thats old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missbrinleysmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM

and that is one of the reasons we only eat organically.

alotta_fagina
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM
I don't buy juice thankfully. We stick to actual fruit :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyD87
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Thats crazy! My son loves apple juice...guess I will be buying organic from now on

k_hall1784
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM
I only buy organic fresh pressed apple juice. That's disturbing. I've found that clear apple juice isn't "real" apple juice anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BV88
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Meh. Everything has something that is bad for us in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM
So it would be from the pesticides not being washed off the fruit before the juice is made, or their suppliers of apples are using way too much pesticide or both. :( this is upsetting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)