Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

throw up smell. eek.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 3:18 PM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter has been sick the alst few days. I had the flu last week I think.. and probably gave it to her.. 'cept she actually pukes. And Oh My god, it is so bad I wanna vomit myself! So, I've been cleaning it up a lot the past few nights.. night before last was the WORST.. crib, floor, toys,. all over her... etc. Even though I have cleaned it, washed what could be washed in the washer, give her baths, I bathe as well.... I CANT GET THE DAMN SMELL OF THROW UP OFF ME!! Or maybe it's just permantely in my nose...
My question is.... Does anyone know of anything that could help get that inmcredibly sour/gross smell outta my house???
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
addiktidtoavril
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 3:20 PM
oh! I'm also 20 weeks prego.. and you know how well you can smel.. everything.. so maybe that has somethin to do with it.
vanessadalton25
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 3:23 PM

I feel your pain. We all had the flu earlier this year, I was cleaning it all day and night.  You might try running a load of bleach through the wash just in case its in the wash. Did it get on any carpet? Could be there too. Best of luck

aimsy24
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 3:23 PM
I'm not sure how to get the smell out, other than to clean everything that she has thrown up on with bleach or soap.  If she is still throwing up, one thing that can help is to have her carry around a towel, that way, if she has to throw up, have her do it on the towel rather than her crib, toys, etc.  She may be too young for that, but that's what we did when I was growing up.  Good luck, I understand how sensitive that sniffer is during pregnancy!
JaeJae
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 3:24 PM
As for the smell in your house i can only recomend febreeze...but i can tell you this....working in an ambulance has some serious disadvantages and one of the biggest ones is the ungodly smells we come across..here is one of the tricks we use...next time you have to clean up a big pile of puke..rub a little bit of vicks vaporub under your nose. the medicinal smell is much better than the vomit smell...plus it will clear your sinuses :) Hope your little one is feeling better soon!
onehappyfordmom
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 3:28 PM
Just an idea.... Maybe sprinkle some baking soda in the carpet where you may have missed it and let it sit for a few and vacuum it up. Baking soda will neutralize the oder. Anyway, I feel for you, I remember how it was being pregnant, I couldn't even stand the smell of any kind of meat, cooked or not. Hope this or someone else's idea will work for you. Good Luck!
addiktidtoavril
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 3:32 PM
I thought of baking soda.. but didnt think to sprinkle it on the carpet... I'll try that. Thanks for your replies.. I'll just have to deal unitl I get home from work. ( I feel like it's still on my hands.. I've washed them I dont knwo how many times and used hand sanitizer too.. Woohoo! =)
trinsmommy
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 3:39 PM
well from my daughter being a constant puker, If it was on the rug (dont know if u have pets..)we do but at any rate, clean the rug supper good with resolve..let it dry completely then sprinkle some Pet Fresh they sell it everywhere...it will pull the smell out.  The crib, clean it really good with some soap and maybe add a little dissinfectant (sp) into the water that should take the smell away a bit...From cleaning it up so much, I know what the smell is like and most of it is probably stuck in your nose hairs...

As for the Vicks stuff i will have to try that the next time I have to clean it up lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)