Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

CAN YOU BELIVE IT?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

SOOOO .. tyler was up almost ALL night with gas(mind you he's 7mo old), so in the morning when he woke up -  my fatherinlaw offered to hang out with him for a while so my bf and i could sleep a bit. Tyler's changing table is in the same room that we sleep in. im sleeping here and all of a sudden .. BANG
 .. .. ... ... ... .. .. .. .. 

CAN YOU FRIGGIN BELIVE HE LET MY SON ROLL OFF HIS CHANGING TABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ONTO A HARDWOOD FLOOR!) is it not common sense that you NEVER turn you back EVEN for a second when a baby is on a changing table!??! i could've killed him. i didnt let him see this anger though because he felt soooo bad. i jumped out of my bed and grabbed tyler out of his arms. luckily, i guess he is one tough cookie because litterally he cried for not even a minute, i think he was just so shocked. but hes completly fine. thank god. but it could have been soo so bad, it makes my stomach turn just thinkning bout it. OooOooh man. i needed to vent.

by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BsMom
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:26 PM
Oh! That's terrible! Well, accidents happen I guess. I hope he's ok!!!!! I think that's why the only person I have EVER let babysit my 2-year old is my own mother!!!! I just don't trust anybody else.
kah1025
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:26 PM
Sorry that had to happen to your son. But im glad to hear that hes ok!
midnight_star22
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:27 PM
Oh my that is horrible.  I am glad you think he is okay but you might want to have him checked anyway the same thing happened to a friend of ours but a couple months later at the checkup the doctor found that his collarbone was cracked and no one even knew!  Better safe than sorry.
elephat8
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:27 PM
ohhh poor little guy, i'm glad he is okay!
tommygirl
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:30 PM
omg!  i'm glad to hear he's okay.  I would of said something but I guess it wouldn't really change anything that had happened already. 
ljsmamma07
by on Apr. 25, 2007 at 11:35 PM
im glad that he is ok.my son did that.he was standing at my mans feet while he sat at the computer desk and at the bottom of the desk there is a shelf.well my son went to walk around my man and triped and feel and hit his head right on the shelf.i was so worried that he would have a concussion that i wouldnt let him take a nap that day.and when he did go to sleep i kept him really close.see you arnt the only one.lol.(well not you but your father inlaw)
HEGGREENE
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:03 AM
Poor little guy! This reminds me of my daughter.  A couple of days after thanksgiving, she got a little cold.  I use to sleep on the couch with her b/c 1 my hubbie worked 3rd 2 she wouldnt sleep in the pack n play or crib.  She got use to it so we slept there.  Well one morning about 5 something i heard this thump and then waaaaahh!! she had rolled off the couch.  she had never done it before and i felt soooooo bad! my hubbie asked me if she had rolled off the couch once he got up.  i felt soo soo bad!!  She had never done it before and then all of a sudden it happened! then she is a rough little thing.  this is when she first figured out she could pull up on things.  she pulled up on our entertainment center turn to her side and thump.  she hit her little head on the shelf!  Geez!! She had a little bruise on her little face from it.  I felt soo bad once again!! I told my hubbie we should just buy her a bubble to put around her.
iluvkayabug
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:06 AM
awww!!as long as he's ok accidents happen i guess! wow i bet he did feel bad about doing that! im glad he's ok!
kylersmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:28 AM
aww poor little guy... was this his 1st time falling down from somewhere?? b/c you have to remember those things are going to happen. But at a changing table the babies should always be watched. But as long as hes fine, i wouldnt worry. The 1st time my son, at 4months old, rolled off the couch i about died. Felt so bad and all that. The father and i just blamed each other for not watching him and all that. But of course he was fine and kids are going to fall off something, well many things at some point in their life. My son is 3 and boy is he clumsy sometimes, but hes a strong boy and never hardly cries. Sounds like you might have a strong one too.
crazymom21
by on Apr. 26, 2007 at 9:39 AM
Babies are very resilient. When my son was like 9 months he used to lung off my bed into the floor. Once when he was in the middle of the bed and we were playing he just shot for the edge. Before I knew what was going on he was in the hard tile floor. He would only cry for like a second. My daughter would fall out of the bed too. It was like they did it on purpose. I know totally different but just know unless you are beating the kid against the floor your baby will be fine. Just wait till he gets older. I swear they look for things to get hurt by. My daughter has been jumping off things since she could stand and climb.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)