Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm freaking out

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:33 AM
  • 69 Replies

I'm 36 weeks pregnant with my first which is a little girl. I'm madly in love with her. I dream about her almost every night. I'm so very excited that she's almost here. I wish she was but I know the longer the better. I start going weekly to the doctor in the morning. 

But i'm freaking nervous. I'm so damn worried something will be wrong. I'm worried she will not be healthy. I haven't smoked/drank anything. I have had dr. pepper. BUT LIMITED to what I was doing before. I take my prenatal almost daily. I've stayed in contact with my nurse and my doctors office. 

My best friend ever's cousin lost her little girl Ava to SIDS. The same year my other best friends little sister lost her little boy Brysen to SIDS.

I'm so worried I will lose my baby.

Me & my boyfriend have always wanted a little girl, named Lyric. We have her in our mind. This little girl with her daddy's curls. My eyes & dimples. 

what if i lose her... i will never have my lyric... I cry thinking about it. 

I have talked with my best friend about this she says its just the emotions you get before you have her, everyone gets nervous. blah blah blah. Did anyone else feel this way? am i just freaking out? can someone tell me it'll be okay? lol thanks for listening.

I'm Laura, 20 years young, girlfriend to Lance, carrying both of ours first child, which is girl. Her name will be Lyric!! Owner to that precious pup Les Paul,. Addicted to potatoes, reading, classic rock, CM, & butt ruffles.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meghan1987
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:37 AM
Oh boy did i! I'm a first time mommy. And I was a nervous wreck before I had her. It didn't help that so showed me the movie jersey girl. So yeah its normal. Don't worry baby is gonna be just fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryjmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:38 AM
Its perfectly normal honey. I went thru the same thing with Jaidyn. She is now a happy healthy vibrant and intelligent little diva.
lyricsmommy347
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:38 AM

thank you. ugh. im not even worried about the labor. just her health! 

Quoting Meghan1987:

Oh boy did i! I'm a first time mommy. And I was a nervous wreck before I had her. It didn't help that so showed me the movie jersey girl. So yeah its normal. Don't worry baby is gonna be just fine

Baby8901
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:39 AM
i was so scared that my little man wouldn't make it, especially since i had him at 36 weeks. They told me he'd need heart surgery a couple weeks before, told me he'd have a club foot, all kindsa stuff. But, he's now 2 and a half weeks old and perfect :) it's normal to worry but i'm sure Lyric will be perfect :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Aubrey'sMama on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:40 AM
Im almost 36 weeks with my first baby too , and its a girl ! :)

I look at her things and just cant imagine life without my Aubrey. I think its because we're so close to delivery , and it feels like a dream :) But we're afraid that we'll wake up :(

IT WILL BE OKAY ! We'll be holding our precious baby girls soon enough :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JBDslittlemam08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Honey, I STILL feel that way and mine is 3 years old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyricsmommy347
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:40 AM

i've never been this freaked out and worried about anything in my life, which im gonna take as a good sign, thinking only about her is probably showing im gonna be a good momma. but its very nerve racking.

Quoting maryjmom:

Its perfectly normal honey. I went thru the same thing with Jaidyn. She is now a happy healthy vibrant and intelligent little diva.

Meghan1987
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:41 AM
I know I was to. But you gotta remember not to stress yourself out right now b/c she can feel it. I drank soda thought my whole pregnancy and my little girl came out just fine. Just think now you'll get to hear get heart every week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyricsmommy347
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:42 AM

oh god, it can't come fast enough!!! her things and little outfits just make waiting suck so much more!

Quoting Maria_Peanut:

Im almost 36 weeks with my first baby too , and its a girl ! :)

I look at her things and just cant imagine life without my Aubrey. I think its because we're so close to delivery , and it feels like a dream :) But we're afraid that we'll wake up :(

IT WILL BE OKAY ! We'll be holding our precious baby girls soon enough :)

lyricsmommy347
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:43 AM

im very excited about that. not so much the whole checking the cervix stuff lol. 

Quoting Meghan1987:

I know I was to. But you gotta remember not to stress yourself out right now b/c she can feel it. I drank soda thought my whole pregnancy and my little girl came out just fine. Just think now you'll get to hear get heart every week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)