Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where have all my friends gone?!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:58 AM
  • 4 Replies

I feel like I sound like such a baby but I'm 26 weeks pregnant & wonder all the time where my friends have gone. I used to always be on the go. Doing dinner with friends or even just hanging out but now its like they don't have time for me or me being pregnant is too much of an inconvenience for them. A lot of the girls I used to hang out with already have kids & are in serious relationships but the friends I do have that have neither can't even come close to understanding what I'm going through & I think sometimes they don't try. I just wanna have my girls again, hell I just wanna have girl talk period! lol I feel like I just need to find friends that know what I'm going through, are pregnant or have been that I can chit chat with! Helpppp!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:15 AM

I've lost track of many of my friends, too, as they started having kids well before I did and by the time I had mine, we were already so out of touch. I've made some new ones, but it's hard to do, and we still don't hang out together much. Online groups are a life saver.

pumpkin1423
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Well, they don't have the restraints you do. You no longer seem "fun". You can't drink, you occasionally get sick for no reason, and good luck trying to stay up past midnight. You have officially hit a stage in your life, they don't want to be a part of.

It's really nothing personal, I've been on the side of...oh wow, she's pregnant... well she's settling in for the family life, I'm going to stick with my friends who still party. And now I'm on the pregnant side of it. I can't really be mad or hurt. It's just the way women tend to be. I am just alot closer with my friends who are married or married with kids now. I'm 23...and from a town where I was one of the last few to get married and get pregnant. There are still a few die hard singles out there...but not many. Lol. Good luck girl!

DestineyBGP
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:14 PM

have a girls night at your house :D plan it a few weeks ahead of time :) Watch movies eat popcorn have ice cream :D Just be honest say I miss seeing you all so I am having a girls night at my house :D

bbykathy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM

I'm sorry I know what you are going through. When I was pregnant a lot of my friends were still going through their party stage. The idea of hanging with a prego women was not what they had in mind. They just wanted to hit the clubs and party all night long. But as time has went by I have weeded out those people and found so good friend. Some I am such good friends I consider them family. I hope you find what I have and try not to take it personally. Some people just don't understand how it makes you feel. So just think oh she is prego she doesn't have time or wouldn't want to do that. But yes there are the ones that just leave you in the dust. I wish you luck and try to be strong!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)