• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's everyone doing today????

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM
  • 14 Replies
I just finished a six day stretch at work and finally have a day off so I plan to..... CLEAN!!!!!!! EVERYTHING!!!!! Or as much as possible before my back gives out lol what is everyone else up to???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WesAndNicksMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM
I'm watching TV with Dan while the sick kid complains about being bored. At 11 I have to get ready for work. I leave at noon, work 1-9:30 and I'll get home around 10:30. I'll find out today if I have to go work at my new store tomorrow (I can only do it if they approve me for over-time because I'm already scheduled at 40 hrs this week). We have about 50 boxes of stock because I've been training people for a week and we're doing a floorset too so I'm obviously going to have a ton of fun getting everything done today lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM
Oh and I forgot that I'm training the girl all day who's taking my job when I leave to take over my own store. Le sigh.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

I'm watching TV with Dan while the sick kid complains about being bored. At 11 I have to get ready for work. I leave at noon, work 1-9:30 and I'll get home around 10:30. I'll find out today if I have to go work at my new store tomorrow (I can only do it if they approve me for over-time because I'm already scheduled at 40 hrs this week). We have about 50 boxes of stock because I've been training people for a week and we're doing a floorset too so I'm obviously going to have a ton of fun getting everything done today lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Ouch, sounds busy and tiring! I hate training, but I work in a grocery store where most of the cashiers are highschool students who don't care about their jobs. So trying to train them is tiring. They refuse to write down their codes, won't even take the time to memorize the easy produce codes, and don't listen very well for the most part. I'm glad my boss doesn't make me train anymore, I always dreaded those shifts. But that's awesome that you're getting your own store!!! Congrats!!! Even if it comes with some extra work for a while :(

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Oh and I forgot that I'm training the girl all day who's taking my job when I leave to take over my own store. Le sigh.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

WesAndNicksMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Thanks! I'm really excited about it but the new place is a mess. I sat down yesterday and made a list of things I need to do when I'm in there. I've already got some people set up for interviews but I'm not supposed to know that I got the job yet so I can't call them to find out exactly what I'm walking into. Hopefully my boss will be allowed to tell me (again) today lol :) I just want to get started because black Friday is in 2 weeks and we're pretty sure they didn't hire seasonal people before their store manager walked out.

Quoting i.m.r.:

Ouch, sounds busy and tiring! I hate training, but I work in a grocery store where most of the cashiers are highschool students who don't care about their jobs. So trying to train them is tiring. They refuse to write down their codes, won't even take the time to memorize the easy produce codes, and don't listen very well for the most part. I'm glad my boss doesn't make me train anymore, I always dreaded those shifts. But that's awesome that you're getting your own store!!! Congrats!!! Even if it comes with some extra work for a while :(

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RTXmommy06
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Working!!! Off at 6 then home to relax!

iheartmiboys
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Cleaning slowly then drs appt 

mom2twins9909
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Driving to Texas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartnhidin
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Getting things ready for my sister's baby shower this weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:56 AM
Not a whole lot. As soon as I take dd to preschool I am going to clean my house. Other than that.... Just relaxing... Might knit for a while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lcm3181
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I'm at home with my 2 kids. I have the day off of running the day care because my youngest was puking all night. It is cold and snowy outside so we are taking advantage of this lazy day with movies and comfy blankets!! Of course that will be accompanied by a million loads of laundry that comes with a vomiting toddler...ick!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)