• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

taking someone back after there infidelity

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM
  • 10 Replies
If your love cheated with another for months under your nose, would you forgive and move forward with the considerations that your engaged have a son and are six months pregnant with your second baby from this person?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BaileeAnn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM
I think kids shouldnt be the reason someone stays. I believe two people can co parent great even while a part .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beesm17
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM
I did, we are in counseling right now. Its not easy, but we are trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM
I was prego when I was cheated on... its been two years and we ate trying. But he won't completely prove to me he isn't doing it still (ie hides things, goes through my shit, pushing big decisions, blowing us off.) If u stay it WILL b hard, no matter how ur man handles it. I always have insecure times now tht I know he would cheat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Micole1084
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM
This is all within personal opinion... If you take him back you must full accept this may happen again and only know what you could and could not handle. I personal have in a ex relationship whom I had a child with and we are no longer together and he had done it several other times. I do know people who have worked it out and had no other issues as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Nope. But that's just me. I've been in that situation (minus the kid and baby on the way) and it never changes. And for me personally, someone who would cheat with children makes the whole situation even worse. I couldn't trust them EVER again and eventually the relationship would end anyway. But it's all in what YOU can handle as a person. I know my limits, and that's past them so I would end it. It would be hard, it would be messy, and it would hurt everyone, but in the end my children would thank me for not making them grow up in a household where mommy and daddy fight ALL the time or just don't speak to each other at all and mommy cries every night. But again, if you can find the forgiveness in your heart, and learn to trust him again then go for it! Counselling and getting all your issues out on the table, full discretion of any and all personal things such as cell phones, FB, emails, etc. will also help build the trust perhaps. Good luck to you and whatever decision you choose!

My3LuVs83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM
Well it happened to me with my son's dad. We weren't even married for 2 years when he was already cheating on me. I did forgive him but it was the biggest mistake of my life. If I can go back I would have just left then and there. The comming years were a nightmare with this man and I stuck around for another 5 years with him. So cheating? No. Theres no point in forgiving. Unless... He really is sorry and he really will change and you can't live without him then it's worth a shot. But I wont put up with it. I'm worth much more than that and I don't deserve it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:34 AM
As much as I love my husband... It would be over if he cheated. I could never look at him the same- or trust him again. Without trust, in my opinion, the relationship is lost
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaleigh92805
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM
I cheated on my hubby and he cheated on me..we went to counseling we are doing great now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM
I would never just because I know I could personally never get over it. I would have to leave for my sanity!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annyankaa
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM

No. Been there, done that, and the last time it happened he left me for the other woman. I am NOT going through that one again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)