Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone familiar with Lemon Laws??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

I bought a car when we were stationed in Texas (Used, had like 30,000 something miles on it) and we now live in Washington. The car is a total lemon, it's been in the shop for something at least once a month since we bought it and has already had to have a few major things replaced on it that shouldn't have needed replacing yet.

I have an open case with GM and I just got the service manager at the dealership I am going to involved. I'm pretty hacked off and I want to be thoroughly informed of the Lemon Laws before I go in there and look like an idiot. I did some research for Washington Lemon Laws and all I can gather is that it only applies to new vehicles, I have yet to find anything on used vehicles. If you can give me any info, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy259
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Lemon laws only apply to a used vehicle if it does not pass inspection

My3LuVs83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM
What kinda car was it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mtsmom1986
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM

It's an 09 Cobalt

Gealach
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

If you  bought the car in TX, it would be under the TX law right?

Your used vehicle may be covered under the Lemon Law. The Law may cover your vehicle if your used vehicle is still covered by the manufacturer's original warranty (not an extended service contract), or if the problem started while under warranty and it continues to exist, repair assistance of the warranty-related problem may be available to you.

mtsmom1986
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Quoting Gealach:

If you  bought the car in TX, it would be under the TX law right?  That's what I am trying to figure out :/

Your used vehicle may be covered under the Lemon Law. The Law may cover your vehicle if your used vehicle is still covered by the manufacturer's original warranty  (It's not) (not an extended service contract) <-- That's what GM ave us, or if the problem started while under warranty and it continues to exist,<-- There are a LOT of problems with the car repair assistance of the warranty-related problem may be available to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)