Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Puppy 101

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM
  • 5 Replies
I know there are some of us who have new puppies, have had puppies in the past or are thinking about getting a puppy. So let's share some tips and tricks!! What advice would you give to someone with a new puppy or that's thinking about getting one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM
1. Patience.
2. No matter the breed- do not leave young children and pups together unsupervised..
3. Obedience training asap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM
My neighbor gave me this tip.... For potty training hang bells on the door. Ring them every time you go out. Your puppy will learn to ring them when (s)he needs to go outside.

This is nice for a few reasons
1- you can hear them!! A lot of dogs will go to the door but not bark or whine so if you aren't standing there then you don't see them and they go on the floor.
2- you can take the bells with you when you go somewhere. Put them on the door where you're at and show your puppy. Then you don't have to stress so much about them going in someone else's house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Crate training!!!!

It's good for everyone!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Anyone else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BruLeyMag
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:18 PM

do paper training as well...

we lived in an apartment with a pitbull he was paper trained lol so if we went somewhere he cant go outside he had a "bathroom" to use it was great

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)