Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many oz of milk does a 3 month old baby drinks??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

my son drinks 3 to 4 oz every 3 hour or so..but sometimes he gets hungry less than three hours..he cries and sticks his tounge out, so im guessin he needs more food ?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Candace8609
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:24 PM
My son is 2 and a half months old n hes breast fed but we also bottle feed him cause im workin again. But hes up to 4 oz! The baby sitter gives him 4 oz n he drinks all of it but when im breast feeding idk how much he gets. And he still eats every 2 hrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My3LuVs83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM
They are hungry when they suck on their fist. Just crying in between might be he just wants to be held or he is sleepy.. 4 oz is about what a 3 month old needs. Their tummy is about the size of a golf ball so more milk will make them spit up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreamer86
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM
Babies eat every 2-3 hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xMizMom2Bx
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Quoting My3LuVs83:

They are hungry when they suck on their fist. Just crying in between might be he just wants to be held or he is sleepy.. 4 oz is about what a 3 month old needs. Their tummy is about the size of a golf ball so more milk will make them spit up.

yeah hes like to be held waaaaay to often, he hardly sleeps during the day, and sometimes i cant entertain him good enough for him not to cry, he likes to be mobile, hates it when he stays too long in one place.

My3LuVs83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Have you tried putting him on the stroller and pushing him around the house? Has definitely worked for us.. He falls asleep fast like that.

Quoting xMizMom2Bx:

Quoting My3LuVs83:

yeah hes like to be held waaaaay to often, he hardly sleeps during the day, and sometimes i cant entertain him good enough for him not to cry, he likes to be mobile, hates it when he stays too long in one place.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Every baby is different. I found every three months was a growth spurt, so they eat more in that time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xMizMom2Bx
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Quoting My3LuVs83:

Have you tried putting him on the stroller and pushing him around the house? Has definitely worked for us.. He falls asleep fast like that.

Quoting xMizMom2Bx:

Quoting My3LuVs83:

yes i do that all the time, lol i have to stay pushing him, because if i stop he starts...lol

Armywife25u
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Yea that is about right. My daughter eats 3-4oz every 2-3 hrs depending at that age Feed him ceral once or twice a day that will help curve the hunger of a bottle. give him 5 oz and see if he takes it all and doens't throw it up. It's all trial an error..lol my daughter is the same way very very needy. I move her from the swing to the bouncer, to the exersaucer, to the bumbo to the floor, then back to my knee. If I've had enough of trying and can't keep her happy..then i make sure she's changed etc. and i lay her down  & she crys her self to sleep. Sometimes they get over stimulated and can't go to sleep so they need to just fuss it out. Good luck hun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)