• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

come on really?!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:49 PM
  • 18 Replies

Ok so never before have I had super pregnancy smell. And right now I have it! I had it like the week that I missed AF and it's not going away! It's driving me nuts I can smell everything. The trash is making me sick and it's not even full yet! there could be 2 things in the trash and I'm still gaging as I walk by! :( I cook and it makes me sick but yet I can eat it no problem the taste doesn't bother me just the smell. WHEN IS IT GOING TO GO AWAY?! :( I kinda wish I had a cold so I can't smell!

I'm just going to walk around with a clothespin on my nose!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyRach73
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM
It stayed with me till the end of the second trimester. After that i ate everything in sight with no smell adversions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:55 PM

i'm no help. mine has never completely gone away. i used to have stomach of steel, but a year later i still gag uncontrollably if i find a sippy of milk left out. *shudders*

CafeMom Tickers
ProudMomma1022
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:55 PM

ugh I don't know if I can last that long! this is like over the top super smell! :( and it doesn't help that the computer is across the kitchen from the trash and the couch is right by the trash! I'm only 8 weeks if it lasts till the end of the second I'm gonna hate my kitchen! lol

Quoting MommyRach73:

It stayed with me till the end of the second trimester. After that i ate everything in sight with no smell adversions

i.m.r.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:57 PM
I was the same way. Our old place had a dintinct smell from the previous tenants and everytime I'd walk through the door I'd run to the bathroom to throw up. I eventually just held my nose for a few minutes then I'd be fine. Dh cleaned out the fridge, emptied the garbage, did the dishes and nothing ever helped. Eventually we found out it was black mold though so we moved. I'm allergic and even when I'm not pregnant can smell it. But being pregnant made it so much worse!!!! Hope your smell stops being so sensitive!!! Mine didn't go away though till after dd was born :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LTryon
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM
I'm 31 weeks and I still have it. :( had the super sniffer the whole time I was prego with DS too.. My DD on the other hand, I never had it.. At all.. Not for a moment.. So I think this is karma's way of evening things out.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM
I hear ya!

I worked at a dental office.

I can't even begin to describe the smell of a rotten tooth being drilled on! O_o

Let alone the random perfumes & colognes that patients wore.

Or the food smelling candles that the DR thought necessary!

But THE WORST was...... MINT! *gag*

The smell of mint would make me sick! TRY THAT while working at a dental office! :-/

(Hugs) I feel your pain!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRach73
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:02 PM
I had to put our trashcan on the other side of the house... And i made it very clear to let dh let me know when he was taking it out so i wouldnt be on the warpath lol

Quoting ProudMomma1022:

ugh I don't know if I can last that long! this is like over the top super smell! :( and it doesn't help that the computer is across the kitchen from the trash and the couch is right by the trash! I'm only 8 weeks if it lasts till the end of the second I'm gonna hate my kitchen! lol

Quoting MommyRach73:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMomma1022
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:03 PM

it seriously makes me not want to eat even when I'm hungry! :( ahhhh I'm going to go nuts! lol need to find a clothespin! That's it....I'm cleaning and I'm going to take the trash out and HOPEFULLY that will help but I doubt it!

My3LuVs83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:03 PM
Oh I had that with my first and I worked at a bakery! Couldn't stand the smell of some stuff that I normally thought were so good.. It went away further into my pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:04 PM
I had that my last pregnancy and it stayed until I had him :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)