Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing advice from mamas who are into fitness..

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
I need guidance! I am by no means overweight. I'm actually underweight, and have zero muscle mass. I just can't stick to a good workout regimen! I want to be toned, but I think the longest I've kept up an exercise routine is two weeks. I bought ChaLEAN extreme two months ago, and have yet to use it. What I really would like to know is, since I'm already very thin (skinny-fat if you will) do I need to gain more weight before buildig muscle...or how does that all work? Also, what should a high protein diet look like? And what are some tips to Keeping up on an exercise regimen?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ArianasMama2007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM
This is funny because I just made an exercise post
Im 5 ft 105 lbs always been tiny, I drink muscle milk from gnc but yes protein is very important
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveBird89
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM
I've always been tiny too. In elementary school, boys used to make fun of my toothpick calves :( boooooo. I'm 5'3, 96 pounds.

Quoting ArianasMama2007:

Im 5 ft 105 lbs always been tiny, I drink muscle milk from gnc but yes protein is very important
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArianasMama2007
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM
You just have to find a good routine, lots of protein, and loud upbeat music helps :-)

Quoting LoveBird89:

I've always been tiny too. In elementary school, boys used to make fun of my toothpick calves :( boooooo. I'm 5'3, 96 pounds.

Quoting ArianasMama2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM

A friend of mine is in the same situation.  She has found that if she lifts weights and does karate, she's able to maintain a good weight for her frame.  When she stops, she starts losing weight.

Join us on the  Healthy Moms group!

Quoting LoveBird89:

I need guidance! I am by no means overweight. I'm actually underweight, and have zero muscle mass. I just can't stick to a good workout regimen! I want to be toned, but I think the longest I've kept up an exercise routine is two weeks. I bought ChaLEAN extreme two months ago, and have yet to use it. What I really would like to know is, since I'm already very thin (skinny-fat if you will) do I need to gain more weight before buildig muscle...or how does that all work? Also, what should a high protein diet look like? And what are some tips to Keeping up on an exercise regimen?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)