Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid Ex Husband

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM
  • 26 Replies

Hello ladies as you know my ex husband was very abusive to both my son and me. Well we got divorced September 2010 and it was ordered then that viistations have to be supervised with our son, however that was a year ago and he has not once tried to see him, and never never calls him. He always told me he won't pay to see his son. Last month he called and told me that if I don't pay to have his rights revoked that he would make my life hell. I toldhim no and yesterday I got a call from the supervised place Benji house and they stated that Robert came in and wanted to see his son and set up times. I just now got Baily feeling safe again. He is in counseling and starting to show signs of post tramatic stress from the abuse which I was hoping he forgot about. I am trying everything to not let this happen but everyone is against me I ask a legal questions called ALL attorneys around and they won't answer my questions without being paid! I don't know what to do. Maybe you gals will know my question: If I don't follow the court order vistation will I be in contempt of court even though its been a year and he has threatened numerous times to give up his rights? Please help I can't let my son go through that pain again. I am almost in tears.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NakiahsMommy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM
I am not sure...i feel like since he hasn't held up his end it wouldn't be but i wouldn't want you to get in trouble for that...call the courthouse and try to get in contact with the family law office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gealach
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Yes if its court ordered and you don't comply you can get in trouble.
You should have had it documented that he missed a years worth of visits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Call around for probono work!

Good luck

Better safe than sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Yes you will be in contempt. You should have taken the time when he was not visiting and got the court order modified. But until you get the order modified you have to follow it or you will be in contempt. So yes you need to go through with the visits BUT go back to court and present your evidence of what has happened. KEEP everything from him...The threats and etc. to use against him.

BBMommy27
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM

He hasn't even called to set up a visit until now. He never took the time or effort to see his son. Thats the thing! Its so frustrating!

Quoting Gealach:

JADIEBUG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Yep but you didn't get anything changed while he was not doing it. So the current order still stands.

Quoting BBMommy27:

He hasn't even called to set up a visit until now. He never took the time or effort to see his son. Thats the thing! Its so frustrating!

Quoting Gealach:

BBMommy27
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:48 PM

i would go have it modified but we are barely making ends meet right now and I can't afford an attorney to do so right now. But you even mention my ex husband who my son calls by his name not father or daddy and my son tears up and says he is scared. I can't put him through that. I can't just throw him to the lion like that. I will go to jail if I have to I won't let him see him and hurt him anymore than he already has. He is just now becoming a kid again and feeling safe. I couldn't keep him safe before because I couldn't even do it for myself but I am stronger now and I WILL do it now!

merinasmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM
Hell just pay to get his rights given up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Be prepared to pay major fines and/or go to jail if he goes after this. Courts don't look kindly on this and sadly it may then be used against you further down the road.

Quoting BBMommy27:

i would go have it modified but we are barely making ends meet right now and I can't afford an attorney to do so right now. But you even mention my ex husband who my son calls by his name not father or daddy and my son tears up and says he is scared. I can't put him through that. I can't just throw him to the lion like that. I will go to jail if I have to I won't let him see him and hurt him anymore than he already has. He is just now becoming a kid again and feeling safe. I couldn't keep him safe before because I couldn't even do it for myself but I am stronger now and I WILL do it now!

Steph1499
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM

In all honesty if you dont want him to see your son then have him sign his rights away.  Im taking the term revoking as he wants to do this.  Thats what I would do.  If you do not follow the court order then yea you can get into trouble and it gives him more control.  I would call the court house and see what you can do 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)