Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life insurance? Do you have one and how does it work?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM
  • 17 Replies
How do you go about getting one? And how much do you pay a month?
How much do you get if *knocks on wood* something happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LArgoLAdy23
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

i wish I married rich enough to even consider that one.. haha

.jade.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM
I don't have one but my father does. The only thing I know about it is Term Life Insurance you can't get cash for (like if you needed to get cash for it), Whole Life Insurance you can cash it out at a certain time if you need to. Does that make sense?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.jade.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:16 PM
Oh and his Whole Life insurance is for $250,000, but if he was to cancel it right now he would get $25,000 cash.

Quoting .jade.:

I don't have one but my father does. The only thing I know about it is Term Life Insurance you can't get cash for (like if you needed to get cash for it), Whole Life Insurance you can cash it out at a certain time if you need to. Does that make sense?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM
Do you know how much he pays?

Quoting .jade.:

Oh and his Whole Life insurance is for $250,000, but if he was to cancel it right now he would get $25,000 cash.

Quoting .jade.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.jade.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:25 PM
I have no clue! Sorry

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

Quoting .jade.:

Quoting .jade.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM
Thanks for the info :)

Quoting .jade.:

I have no clue! Sorry

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

Quoting .jade.:

Quoting .jade.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittanyx22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I have life insurance for myself and for my DD. I have $250,000 on myself and did the max on DD which is $50,000. She will be able to increase it at the age of 18, which is what I did. DD's is through Gerber Life Insurance and is only $27 a month deducted right from my bank account. Mine is through MetLife and is more a month, but so worth it. I feel that it is a necessity in life. After a certain amount of time (every policy is different), you can cash some out if need be (which will cost you some money to do so), or just let it accrue until the end.

Mami2oneboy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM
Thanks so much, could u tell me how does the Gerber one works?

Quoting brittanyx22:

I have life insurance for myself and for my DD. I have $250,000 on myself and did the max on DD which is $50,000. She will be able to increase it at the age of 18, which is what I did. DD's is through Gerber Life Insurance and is only $27 a month deducted right from my bank account. Mine is through MetLife and is more a month, but so worth it. I feel that it is a necessity in life. After a certain amount of time (every policy is different), you can cash some out if need be (which will cost you some money to do so), or just let it accrue until the end.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittanyx22
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM

to give you an example, my mom has a $1,000,000 plan, and she pays $221 a month through MetLife

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

manamott
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:35 PM
DH has it. No idea how much we pay though or how much the policy is written for. It's through his work and comes directly out of his paycheck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)