Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think i need to switch my childrens doctor

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have loved my kids doctor since day one......but the past few visits shes gotten......er......a bit bitchy and attitude.

We went yesterday for my DD's cough. She has asthma so they told us to come in so she can get checked out. So while there the nurse was sort of giving us attitude. We though alright.......no idea what we did but sorry.

The doctor came in and she was in full attitude mode. Checked out DD and asked us questions and was giving us suggestions on things we can do to help her cough.

One of the things she said was to turn the shower on all the way hot and let it run and put DD in the steamy bathroom. With that i said is there anything else we can do? we have to save money right now and our gas bill will go through the roof.

Now.......If she said it in a different tone and said it a little differently I would of said Oh.ok! But no.......she gave me a dirty look and looked directly at me and said 'Its a suggestion' She said it full attitude like i just shit on her door step and ran away. It made me instantly feel like shit. I said sorry and didnt bother with anymore conversation with her.

Its one thing if she said oh well if you can do that it would be best but you can use x,y,z but this works best so we sort of recommend this over anything else, but no, she shot me a nasty look and said it with full attitude.

I have NO idea what we did. We didnt say anything to anyone when we came in, We didnt give her attitude when she came in the room but holy shit. And the past few visits her attitude has been sort of sour and shes rushed out visits as well.

So....after this trip im pretty sure we need to switch peds. I don't think its right that I was made to feel like shit over something like that and treated like an ass, so I guess ill be calling and switching because apparently she has issues with us that im very un-aware of

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Your doctor works for you.  Find another one.

prissypoptart
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:09 PM
Are you a smoker?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Has she been tested for allergies? Allergies and Asthma usually go hand and hand.

prissypoptart
Only saying because, if I were a Dr and someone came in smelling like smoke with a sick child and worried about the gas bill.. I would be an ass too.. just saying. Imo.
If not then I would be pissed too..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nstroud

Yes I would definitely find a new pedi! If they don't have good bedsit manners then I don't want them. Their personal problems do not enter the work place.

kngarber
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM
I would have asked her right then what the FUCK her problem was. Ok not the f bomb infront of my kids...haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JADIEBUG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Warm mist humidifier works well too...Just keep moving it into what rooms she stays in. VaporRub makes a decent one for less then $15.

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

no, neither me or DH smoke

Quoting prissypoptart:

Are you a smoker?

prissypoptart
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM
That's really good.. I know ppl who smoke and cry about bills all the time.. it pissed me off

Quoting ilovecandy:

no, neither me or DH smoke

Quoting prissypoptart:

Are you a smoker?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM

yes she has pretty bad allergies. We had her tested awhile ago, she gets a chest cold every year, it never fails but this year its early....but shes also in kindergarten where many kids have been coughing so i knew it was only a matter of time

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Has she been tested for allergies? Allergies and Asthma usually go hand and hand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)