Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Impacted wisdom teeth

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

anyone ever had them removed all four of my wisdom teeth are cracked open and causing me pain i just got cleared to get them pulled im nervous about how bad its going to hurt. I'm 4 months pregnant so I'm not sure theyll give me pain medication tylenol with codeine just doesnt cut it for me.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LancesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Nope but I had two removed at once! Good luck!

mommyinindiana
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM
i had mine removed while pregnant with ds#1 and they gave me vicodin 5/500 to take when i was in bad pain, i think i took 6 of them out of the 30 they gave me gl mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newfound09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Eeekkk.. I am so thankful mine aren't giving me problems YET. Mine are impacted. Good luck momma!

KrissyMama88
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 10:40 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveBird89
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 10:44 PM
All four of mine were impacted and also had hooked roots. It should have been hellish, but I luckily had the best oral surgeon ever! I do recommend you see an oral surgeon, not a dentist. ANYWAY, I had an almost painless recovery, with ZERO swelling. The only time I would be in pain was in the morning, before I took some ibuprofen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyMama88
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 11:50 PM
i am going to an oral surgeon my surgery is scheduled for the 29th i know in the long run it will be worth any pain cuz once the pain and swelling is gone the teeth wont hurt anymore cuz theyll be gone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiaras_mommy
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 11:51 PM

They may give you pain meds. With my DS they had me on Lortab for a few months.

kiaras_mommy
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I do have 1 wisdom tooth that came in. When it was popping out they gave me pain meds and I had to have antibiotics cause it got infected and my jaw swelled shut. 

Dentist says I need mine removed cause they never thought they'd pop through and once they started I called them cause I couldn't afford to go in, they looked over my past xrays and told me it would be best I got them removed. I can't afford to go in and I'm worried cause another one is coming through and its popping through all cock-eyed! I know I'm going to have to have them pulled... ECK!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)