Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im Scared To Be A Military Wife :(

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
My DH is talking to a Army/Air Force recruiter as I type this. He just texted me and told me.

Im not gonna lie - IM SCARED SHITLESS !

Its always been a dream of his and I would be very proud of him , but the Army scares me. Deployment scares me. Our first baby is due in 4 weeks , what part of her life will he miss ? How will I live without him !?

*tears*

Im gonna support him 100% , because I know how much it means to him , but we have been married for almost a year (December 6th) and we're high school sweethearts since 9th grade. I never had to live my adult life without him.

What do I do ? How do I put my fears aside and be the wife that he needs ?How can I learn to be strong ?

HELP !!!! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
504bbymami
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM
Hugs mama. If he goes air force, depending on his job, he may never or VERY rarely deploy.

I know it seems impossible to deal with it all. That's how I felt in the begining too but the experiences have made me grow soooooo much as a person and realize strengths I had that were hidden so deeply behind my fears.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
My3LuVs83
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't let him go Army. My Dh has deployed 4 times and has missed so much of our boys lives and they are 6 and 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
And ya know, I'm not going to tell you it isn't hard, because it certainly is. But (in my case at least), its worth it! Espescially if you guys are struggling. My lifestyle before being a military wife and after becomming a military wife are WORLDS APART. The military takes very good care of its families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
geekmommy84
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:10 PM

You'll do great darling, just right now its scarey and its honestly great you support him in his decision esp. going into the military. Its a lifestyle that is for folks and that its not for folks. I would say do what you are doing now finding some military wifes/SO's support because it can be hard. When/IF he does deploy just keep sending him so much photos that it'll make a paperazzi jealous. Its a challenge but i think you can do it :D

Hugs,
Carolyn 

ambermarie2006
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM
I love the military life! I grew up in it and married into it. You will be fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Aubrey'sMama on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Thanks ladies. I hope he doesnt go Army :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briggswife09
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Just to put this out their no matter what branch you are in their will be deployments. The amount he deploys will depend on his job and unit. Now also we are starting to pull out so deployments are happening less and less. ALSO my dh is Army and has not deployed. He is supposed to next yr but due to the pull out they said he most likely wont go. So do not let anyone tell you what branch to join or not join. For us it was down to the AF and A as well and we chose Army due to the fact we liked the way they presented themselves. I went with my dh to talk to both branches and to be quiet honest our AF acted like they could care less about family while the Army was all about family. Now once you join trust me their are plenty of times it feels as if the Army is screwing us over as a family but I truly love the Army and my dh's unit bc they are VERY family orinted. With that all said it is hard being an Amry wife I wont sugar coat it. We joined I had the attitude of i can do this and the Army has tested me a lot but I have pulled through. You will learn how to be a single mom while still being married. We have 3 kids and due to ait my dh missed the birth and 1st month of our 3rd dd life. but other than that yes they miss out on a lot but you make it through. my kids constantly tell me they miss daddy or want daddy home (he has been gone a lot for training) but they are learning. gl on yalls decision and possibly new life style. if you would like to talk more feel free to send me a message. good luck

navybeauty88
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM
My DH is Navy and I can honestly say it hasnt been that bad as of yet. DH has a pretty laid back job though and he hasnt deployed yet. He does work away from home at other bases occationally and when that happens he is gone for about a month at a time. However he will going on sea duty soon so we will see if my opinion changes lol.

ETA: he's been in for almost 3 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelsiey
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I didnt want to be either, so my husband, fiance at the time, got out for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)