• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

loosing weight after 2 kids..advice

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:49 PM
  • 10 Replies
Ok so need tips/advice on loosing weight after 2kids. I wanna loose about 60lbs. I work almost 40 hrs a week and dont have a bbysitter to watch the kids so i need at home tips or dif meds that work? Recipes for healthy dinners welcome too :) ty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prissypoptart
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:51 PM
Laxatives...

Jk.. lol

P90x
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5tyli5hLensT
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I got zumba, yoga & the wii fit for home :) I also do pilates.

candi0689
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:54 PM
Zumba looks and sounds fun and wanted to get a wii cause its so hands on so your not sitting on ur butt :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I suggest the biggest loser dvd. They have warm ups and cool downs so that makes it really easy. And they split the routines up into ten minute sections so if you have to break it up during the day you can still do it. I saw results even when I wasn't sticking to the program so I imagine it would have been better if I had lol. Although I have heard good things about p90x too. 

candi0689
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:55 PM
Lmao..p90x looks good too :)

Quoting prissypoptart:

Laxatives...

Jk.. lol

P90x

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaDukes2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I have 2 kids as well, so Id be more than happy to help you out if you have any questions. There is this workout DVD called Insanity 60..its extremely intense and just all around awesome..you will be dripping in sweat within 10 minutes of doing it, and thats just the warm up! Also they do have babysitting hours at most gyms..if your able to swing it, Id def try that if I were you. Because eventhough working out at home is great, its also good to get out and change it up a bit. 

As far as recipes what kind of meals did you have in mind? I cook from scratch alot, and all my meals are health concious and kid friendly. Let me know, like I said Id be more than happy to help!

CheyennesMommy2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:05 PM
P90x...I'm getting my butt back into gear and workin out towmorrow!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candi0689
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Mainly snacks but help in the lunch and breakfast department too lol dinner is for some reason the only meal i seem to balance just right. I need stuff for on the go too so i dnt have to eat fast food on lunch. But budget friendly :)

Quoting MommaDukes2:

Hi, I have 2 kids as well, so Id be more than happy to help you out if you have any questions. There is this workout DVD called Insanity 60..its extremely intense and just all around awesome..you will be dripping in sweat within 10 minutes of doing it, and thats just the warm up! Also they do have babysitting hours at most gyms..if your able to swing it, Id def try that if I were you. Because eventhough working out at home is great, its also good to get out and change it up a bit. 

As far as recipes what kind of meals did you have in mind? I cook from scratch alot, and all my meals are health concious and kid friendly. Let me know, like I said Id be more than happy to help!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaDukes2
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 7:09 PM

With snacks, since your working, Id def make sure to always have dried fruit on hand. Mangoes, apples..they have natural sugar in them, and def can curb huger in a pinch. Just make sure to follow the serving sizes. In health food stores they sell high fiber muffins as well..Whole Foods and Trader Joes has them, def good to keep around. You should also make sure you have some sort of protein bar on hand, especially if your gonna be working out hard...Insanity 60 and P90X are intense workouts..you need to fuel your body, and make sure it gets the right nutrients. My husband loves the Think Thin bars..high protein, basically no sugar.

For breakfast, always make sure you have high fiber cereal ( 13g of fiber a serving), oats to make oatmeal..and eggs at hand. Switch it up so you dont get bored. If oatmeal is gross to you, Id substitue the water for light soy chocolate milk..and add a serving of raisins. Add a serving of cheese to egg whites to make it tast better as well.

Lunch..Im home so I make alot of dinner type lunches for my girls. If your able to bring a container with you, Id bring some left over dinner to lunch the next day, especially if its a healthy one. 

The most important thing with food, especially when your watching your weight, and working out..is to keep it interesting. You can eat Mac and Cheese ( I have a great home made, health concious recipe), Chili Cheese fries ( easy recipe), chicken parm..and all that good stuff, you just have to know how to substitute the right way, and have proper portion sizes.

Like I said, IM here to help if you need it..if you want to try out a specific recipe, I can type one out for you

MsAntoine
by on Nov. 11, 2011 at 7:12 PM

I take my son to the park with me and he rides his bike while im walking and i also do the biggest loser dvd

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)