Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had a c-section come here!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:50 PM
  • 73 Replies
I have random questions!

We're you awake? Could you feel it? Was it planned? If not planned why did you have to have one? Were you in more pain after than from a vaginal birth?

No idea why I had these pop in my head!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xcassykayx
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Yes, I was awake.
No, I couldn't feel it. I just felt the movement, like my body was "asleep" and someone was moving it.
It was planned. I had to either be induced or have a c-section due to a high-risk pregnancy and my dr and his midwife recommended one based on my child's size and the size of his head.
I have never given birth vaginally, so I can't compare. I personally had a very easy recovery though, hardly any pain at all unless I made sudden movements or laughed/coughed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I was up till after my son was taken out I paniced and they put me out. No definitely not planned I was very against it but my son wouldn't drop at all he was completely stuck on my pelivic bone I only gave in because it felt like he was pulling my spin out every time I got a contraction he pushed on my pelivic bone and that pain went up my back! Ouch! I've never had a vag birth.

Miss-B
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:00 PM
Never had one, bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToriBabe1221
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Yes, I was awake.
I could feel them pulling and tugging at me.
It was an "emergency"
I've never had a vaginal birth (although I'm planning one this pregnancy)... But recovery was hell.

I will NEVER volunteer for a csection!!!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

I have random questions!

We're you awake? Could you feel it? Was it planned? If not planned why did you have to have one? Were you in more pain after than from a vaginal birth?

No idea why I had these pop in my head!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaTTsBBmAmA
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM
I was awake and could feel tons of pressure I had transverse twins but it wasn't planned I went into full blown labor at 36 weeks and they had to get me back quickstyle... It was way worse then my vaginal births and I'm praying this one is easier...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2manydiapers
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM
it was my third one on 11/1/11
my first was an emergancy @ 27 w after a full uterian and placenta rupture after a drunk driver hit our car. Dd lived one week, i had a shattered hip& pelvis.
ds was planned but came early @ 34 w.
Ds 2 came last Tue planned 38 w and huge 9Lbs 2oz 22in.
All 3 were general, woke up in less pain with the 3rd, was let out Thurs. So two and a half days in the hospital. No pain meds other than Motrin, and you cant tell it was 8 days ago i had a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mammabear18
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Mine was unplanned. My waterbroke at home and when the nurse was waiting for my labor to start I had asked her to check if my son was breeched (because I had a feeling he was) and what do you know he was breeched and I was only 34 weeks. I was awake through the whole thing. I was pretty sore afterwards. My df had to help me take showers and dress myself. But after a week I was back to normal. Then 10 months later I had my second c section and my baby girl was born. Her water had also broke at home. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cause_im_mom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM

yes  i was awake.

no i couldnt feel it. i was scared that i would for some reason. i made him do the pin prick test likea dozen times to make sure that i couldnt feel it.

the 2nd one was planned. the first was cause my body wasnt dialating after water broke and being in labor.

this recovery is a lot different than my first.... ill say that lol

tiffstud
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
My blood pressure was sky high and his heart rate was dropping. I don't take meds foe birth so when they said they had to do an emer c sec they ha to put me to sleep. It hurt sooooooooo much worse afterwards than vaginal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prissypoptart
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM
I've had 4, 3 were planned 1 was not. I've also had a live birth. Live birth is much better and special IMO. I was awake, I couldn't feel anything but I panicked and threw up and passed out so the anisthesiologist (sp?) Kept pumping me with morphine.. lol.. recovery is a bitch. And my belly is permanently screwed up looking...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)