Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hitler (not a drama post!)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you know who Adoph Hilter is?

I recently watched a video that asked a lot of people if they knew who Adoph Hilter was. I was blown away by how many said they did not know who he was or what he did! Shocked and sickened by this! Seriously! 

So

1. Do you know who he is?

2. Do you think its important for your kids to know who he is and what he did when they are old enough to under stand (i'm not talking about your young ones I'm talking about age approperate) if their school doesn't cover it will you?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CheyennesMommy2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:52 PM
Yes I know who that piece of shit is! And he'll yes if my kids aren't taught I will make sure they know who that weak f@ck is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrionsMyBabyman
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Yes I know who he is and yes my child(ren) will know who he was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosemagic01
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:54 PM

1. I absolutely know who he is! In 7th or 8th grade we read Diary of Anne Frank and my Jr year we read Night. As well as we watched a Schindlers List in I think Soph year?

2. I strongly believe if you don't know your past you can't make the future better because you will be doomed to repeat history. My son will know not only whatever might be taught in school but I will make sure he's well informed about this topic as well. I will teach him all of the horrible tragic things that happened so that he among his peers see's the mistakes of man kind and how not to repeat them. 

t1gger143
by Katie on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Yes and yes. I read a similar study and it was amazing what people knew and didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandaellis1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:54 PM
How could someone not know who he is. Of course I know who he was. I spent a lot of time learning about the holocaust. They teach it in school. I definitly want my children to know who he was and what he did to know one of the most disgusting times in human kind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:55 PM
For sure I know and I think it's very important to teach your children about history. If we have no knowledge of history we are doomed to repeat it! How old were the people in this video? I thought they taught ww2 in history class in school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Yes I do and I was appalled by the fact that until doing some independent reading last week, my 9 year old didn't. So I sat both my children down and had a brief history lesson on world war II and genocide and oppression.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinyweenie4203
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:00 PM

YES YES AND YES I think I saw that same video and I was also shocked Im like wth

LuctorEtEmergo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Yes I know.

Yes I will tell him for many reasons, a couple being that he comes from a Jewish background and also I think history is very important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)