Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We save snow.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
  • 11 Replies
Down here in Houston snow is a rarity so when we get some it's a big deal.

Back in 86,I believe, we got a decent amount of snow, not enough to build a real snow man but enough to cover the ground and give us kids something to play in. My cousin made a handheld snowman and he asked my grandmother to save it for him. She put it in a ziplock Baggie in the freezer and that's where that snowman sat until 2008 when hurricane Ike knocked out power to my grandmothers house for 11 days, that snowman didn't stand a chance. That snowman lasted through 2 broken freezers but it couldnt withstand 11 days of 80 degree weather.

I started the same tradition with the kiddos. We have a snowman in our freezer that we made in December of 08 and I hope it lasts at least as long as my cousins.

Do you have any strange or unusual traditions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TC00
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinyweenie4203
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Thats pretty cool. I saved the hair from my kids first hair cut=) Thats all I got so far lol

TC00
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Make sure you save it right. The hair my mother saved of mine turned to dust because it was saved in a plastic Baggie

Quoting tinyweenie4203:

Thats pretty cool. I saved the hair from my kids first hair cut=) Thats all I got so far lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Aww that's cute!

My grandma has a huge chunk of lime green chocolate in her freezer from when my mom was little. She also has aa whole fish that my cousin (now 29) caught when he was 10 or 11. Its wrapped in a dish towel. He wanted to frame (or whatever its called) it but never did...so in the freezer the fish sits, right by the green chocolate.

I do not do anything like that...at least not yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TC00
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Lol that sounds just like my grandmother! I'm sure she's glad we never decided to save a fish.

Quoting OBImomma:

Aww that's cute!

My grandma has a huge chunk of lime green chocolate in her freezer from when my mom was little. She also has aa whole fish that my cousin (now 29) caught when he was 10 or 11. Its wrapped in a dish towel. He wanted to frame (or whatever its called) it but never did...so in the freezer the fish sits, right by the green chocolate.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calleigh0709
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM
I have lived in Florida my entire life and had never aeen snow until last year when I moved to Colorado. My SO does industrial constructiob and we move alot. We are actually moving to the Houston area after Thanksgiving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Yeah I was pretty surprised that day helping my grandma rearrange her freezers. I think she still thinks he wants it

Quoting TC00:

Lol that sounds just like my grandmother! I'm sure she's glad we never decided to save a fish.

Quoting OBImomma:

Aww that's cute!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TC00
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffstud
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:37 AM
We save snow too!
And sea shells when we go to the beachs
I have saved every price f paper chase brings home from school.
I saved hair
Teeth
Umm that is all I can think of for now. But I am a horder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:39 AM

we saved out wedding cake(the piece you are suppose to eat at your one yr mark)for 3yrs..because we forgot about it..LOL We threw it away when we discovered it in the deep freeze at mil's

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)