Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maternity Clothes

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM
  • 24 Replies
So I kno maternity wear gets really expensive. My thought was stick to my pre-pregnancy stores just bump up in size but I don't want to constanty buy as I grow bigger. What are some of your remedies to affording cute looks to pregnancy???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:38 PM
Second hand stores?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:40 PM
My cousins gave mme a bunch of clothes, also craigslist, once upon a child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nattiesmom10
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM
There's some kind of belt like thing u can get so u can stay in ur regular clothes longer....... I can't think of what it's called.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fordprefect
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Empire waist dresses are helpful. 

Mrs.Brugger
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I had a Bella Band but there are lots of different types of these. Very helpful. Loved it.

Quoting Nattiesmom10:

There's some kind of belt like thing u can get so u can stay in ur regular clothes longer....... I can't think of what it's called.

RGladson
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:48 PM
This pregnancy, I avoided maternity clothes for the most part. For shirts, I got a size bigger than what I normally wear. I just made sure they were on the longer side, so they wouldn't look silly when my belly got big. I also made sure they were stretchy..so they were form fitting, yet forgiving. lol.
For pants/jeans, I was lucky enough to have a few pairs that still fit even when I got big, I just bought belly bands so I could wear them without having to zip them up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:49 PM
Walmart and target. I wear leggings and men shirts. I'm 34 weeks. I gave up trying at 25 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nattiesmom10
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM
Yeah that's what it was. I guess that's the name brand? They have some that are called belly bands I'm pretty sure u can order them online.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

I had a Bella Band but there are lots of different types of these. Very helpful. Loved it.

Quoting Nattiesmom10:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BunkyBoyd
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Ebay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM

yeah i got mine online. loved it. wish I had it now butttt it's in the top of my ex's parents garage with the rest of my maternity clothes.. yayyy. haha  >:-(

Quoting Nattiesmom10:

Yeah that's what it was. I guess that's the name brand? They have some that are called belly bands I'm pretty sure u can order them online.

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

Quoting Nattiesmom10:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)